• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tire Dressings - Natural, High Gloss or Insanes Shine looks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by evo77
    I did see your thread, that is why I asked if #38 was the next level up in terms of shine since it seemed to be the least glossy out of the others in your test.
    Out of the ones that I have used it is the least glossy with, Gold Class Endurance right there as well.
    Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
    Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

NXT All Metal polish and Insane Shine.

Comment

Whoa, now that's what I call an Insane Shine.
        2012 KIA PICANTO
        Galaxy Black with Black Interior | 15" Kia Rims with Hankook Tires | DVD/GPS System with Back-Up Camera
        Meguiar's Ultimate Waxed. Quik Detailed on a daily basis.

Comment

Is it normal for any of the Meguiar's tire dressings to wash off under heavy rain? It's been less than a week, and the Endurance High Gloss Gel has completely disappeared on my tires.
          2012 KIA PICANTO
          Galaxy Black with Black Interior | 15" Kia Rims with Hankook Tires | DVD/GPS System with Back-Up Camera
          Meguiar's Ultimate Waxed. Quik Detailed on a daily basis.

Comment

Not insane enough

I haven't tried the Endurance stuff yet but i'll give it a go..
            I too was a bit disappointed with Insane shine..Looked good for a day or 2 and then...just sort of faded like the rest of the stuff on the market...If the stuff would last like it did on initial application for a week (of normal weather), i'd be up for it..

I too live in So Cal and haven't found anything that holds up to the dirt etc. that washes up on the tires after it rains (and will shine again after washing the car)...just have to start over in this game..

Comment

It is good to experiment with the different Meguiars tire dressings. How well a dressing works depends to some extent on the tire it is being used on. Endurance worked great on my Goodyear GSCs that were on my '98 Trans Am, but it did not last long at all and slung (is that a word?) all over the paint when used on the Eagle F1-GS tires on my '01 Trans Am. The ridges (serrations) on the sidewall may have had something to do with it.

Insane Shine is my favorite! Hot Shine would be a close second. Insane Shine has lasted the longest and gave the most shine for me. The shine is more subdued after a week or so, but it's still there! Even the Gold Class All Wheel Cleaner couldn't remove it.

I'm interested in seeing some revies on the Hot Shine Tire foam. Cleans and shines in one step! I may have to try that.

I think any tire dressing is going to lose some shine after a week or so as the tire accumulates dirt, brake dust, etc.

RamAirV1
              2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack 392Granite Crystal
              2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

yeah thansk alot. that helps so much for me in deciding what product to use on me tires.

although i do like the idea of Endurance High Gloss lasting for weeks, i really want a DEEP RICH SHINE, like i'm used to with BLACK MAGIC TIRE WET.

Comment

I have never been happy with Meguiar's tire dressing. I've tried several different ones--most recently, Hot Shot, and it always seems to sling and that is a pain to have to clean off with detailer after every drive. I sprayed it onto a tire sponge,whatever the applicator is called, and was careful to not go overboard. I wiped it down after about 15 minutes to remove excess--or so I thought, and it still slung off on my brand new black Vette, both sides, but mainly from the front tires. Don't get me wrong, it looked GREAT on the Eagle F1 Supercar tires the Z51 Vette has, but the happiness at how it looks is offset by wiping it off the paint. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I love the look, but may have to go back to Castrol's tire dressing. It didn't look as shiny, but also didn't sling off.

Mike

PS Picture of the Vette in Gallery.

Comment

Of coure I mean Hot Shine, not Hot Shot. That's for killing the damned ants that are all over Colorado!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by whiterock1
                      I have never been happy with Meguiar's tire dressing. I've tried several different ones--most recently, Hot Shot, and it always seems to sling and that is a pain to have to clean off with detailer after every drive. I sprayed it onto a tire sponge,whatever the applicator is called, and was careful to not go overboard. I wiped it down after about 15 minutes to remove excess--or so I thought, and it still slung off on my brand new black Vette, both sides, but mainly from the front tires. Don't get me wrong, it looked GREAT on the Eagle F1 Supercar tires the Z51 Vette has, but the happiness at how it looks is offset by wiping it off the paint. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I love the look, but may have to go back to Castrol's tire dressing. It didn't look as shiny, but also didn't sling off.

Mike

PS Picture of the Vette in Gallery.
                      Castrol had a very good tire dressing, but unfortunately they do not make it any more.

With a black car, you really should use a body duster and QD every day as long as there is no mud or heavy dirt on the paint. I found that to be the best strategy for a black car. When you let the dust build up to a point where it must be washed, swirls are more likely to be instilled when you do wash it.

RamAirV1

Have you tried Insane Shine in the trigger version? I find that it has very little sling.

I had Eagle F1 tires on my TA and they would sling most tire dressings! I had the best luck with #40. #38 is supposed to be very good too.
                      2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

The Endurance gel doesn't sling. I use it exclusively on my customers cars as well as my own because it's easy to use and lasts a long time.

I have never been happy with Meguiar's tire dressing. I've tried several different ones--most recently, Hot Shot, and it always seems to sling and that is a pain to have to clean off with detailer after every drive.
                        Richard Lin
                        ShowCarDetailing
                        5548 E. La Palma Ave
                        Anaheim, CA 92807
                        toll free: 866 707 9292

Comment

Originally posted by OctaneGuy
                          The Endurance gel doesn't sling. I use it exclusively on my customers cars as well as my own because it's easy to use and lasts a long time.
                          I used Endurance High Gloss Gel on my Goodyear F1s and it slinged worse than anything else. How much a tire dressing slings is highly dependent on the tire it is used on. It did look very good though before it slinged. It never did seem to get absorbed well into the tire, which was clean when it was applied.

Whatever tire dressing you use, be sure and get the excess out of all the serrations in the sidewall.

RamAirV1
                          2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

Guess it depends on how you use it. I don't use very much on a foam applicator pad, just enough for even coverage. I also don't move the car after applying it. I let it sit atleast for an hour. I do this by applying the dressing during the final stages of a detail while the wax is drying. Or I'll dress it at the very beginning of the detail so it has all day to dry.

In my experience Hot Shine never dries and the spray on ones like Insane Shine don't last for more than a few days.

Richard

Originally posted by RamAirV1
                            I used Endurance High Gloss Gel on my Goodyear F1s and it slinged worse than anything else. How much a tire dressing slings is highly dependent on the tire it is used on. It did look very good though before it slinged. It never did seem to get absorbed well into the tire, which was clean when it was applied.

Whatever tire dressing you use, be sure and get the excess out of all the serrations in the sidewall.

RamAirV1
                            Richard Lin
                            ShowCarDetailing
                            5548 E. La Palma Ave
                            Anaheim, CA 92807

Comment

Endurance was OK, no sling, but not enough of a gloss. With the black Vette and Competition Gray Wheels, I really want high gloss on the tires. Endurance doesn't have it. Although, I did just today recommend it to a friend for his 911 cabriolet. He wanted some nice, new tire shine--on his nice, new Michelin Pilots! But not high gloss. It will work well for him.

I do have the trigger with the different spread patterns. Still too wide for my 35 series 19s on the rear wheels. I'm going to try it again this weekend--on a applicator, and wipe off any extra after letting it sit for at least an hour. I like the idea of doing the tires before the wax.

Castrol doesn't make their stuff anymore? That's a shame, as I really thought it was the best of anything I've ever used. Very little, if any, sling from the Eagles on my 2000 WS6.

Comment

Is this Endurance or Endurance High Gloss?

Big Lots has been clearing out the Endurance in the black bottles. The High Gloss comes in a clear bottle with a purple gel. There's a bottle in the picture below.

Some people find High Gloss too glossy. I like the gloss and its durability. It's also good on mud flaps and inside wheel wells.

BEFORE

AFTER

BEFORE

AFTER

BEFORE

AFTER

Endurance was OK, no sling, but not enough of a gloss. With the black Vette and Competition Gray Wheels, I really want high gloss on the tires. Endurance doesn't have it. Although, I did just today recommend it to a friend for his 911 cabriolet. He wanted some nice, new tire shine--on his nice, new Michelin Pilots! But not high gloss. It will work well for him.

I do have the trigger with the different spread patterns. Still too wide for my 35 series 19s on the rear wheels. I'm going to try it again this weekend--on a applicator, and wipe off any extra after letting it sit for at least an hour. I like the idea of doing the tires before the wax.

Castrol doesn't make their stuff anymore? That's a shame, as I really thought it was the best of anything I've ever used. Very little, if any, sling from the Eagles on my 2000 WS6.
                                Last edited by OctaneGuy; Jun 28, 2006, 01:30 PM.
                                Richard Lin
                                ShowCarDetailing
                                5548 E. La Palma Ave
                                Anaheim, CA 92807

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');