• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

# 82 with a PC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• # 82 with a PC

Which is the proper way of working # 82 with a PC ?

Re: # 82 with a PC

Originally posted by manueljlg
    Which is the proper way of working # 82 with a PC ?
    Apply a big "X" of product on a W-8006 pad (Some use a W-9006 pad) and buff it in on the 5 setting until the product is tacky, or semi-dry...Wipe off with a clean terry towel & finish up with a microfiber towel to remove any leftover residue.

Inspect & redo if necessary...Then apply & remove NXT, and stand back and admire the gloss.
    r. b.

Comment

Can I do the whole truck in one pass, or should I do it panel by panel.
      Thank You.

Comment

Originally posted by manueljlg
        Can I do the whole truck in one pass, or should I do it panel by panel.
        Thank You.
        That's a good question Manueljlg.

It might be ok to do the whole car before wiping off the residue, but if you see the product starting to dry, then you might want to remove it before you finish the rest of the car.

#82 has a lot of polishing oils in it, so I'm not sure if it will dry or not.
        r. b.

Comment

Hey,

Just to add...

I always remove Meguiar's #82 Swirl Free Polish while still damp. Therefore, I will complete one panel at a time and then inspect. If the panel needs another pass, I will apply more product and buff the area again. If you leave the product on the paint, it becomes much more difficult to remove. The harder a product is to remove the greater the chance of one has of re-introducing marring back into the finish by rubbing too hard.

Tim
          Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

I have found # 83 quite a bit harder to remove than # 82...how bout you?

Comment

Originally posted by CHzo6
              I have found # 83 quite a bit harder to remove than # 82...how bout you?
              In what ways?
              r. b.

Comment

Seems like it requires more and harder rubbing to remove it and seems to dry very fast.

Comment

Originally posted by CHzo6
                  Seems like it requires more and harder rubbing to remove it and seems to dry very fast.
                  I try to buff it until a light residue remains. I then use a 100% cotton terry towel to remove most of the residue, and then I finish removing any leftover oils with a microfiber cloth.
                  r. b.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');