• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

#16 over NXT at 1 month

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #16 over NXT at 1 month

After over 1,000 miles, seemingly endless rain and a few good (?) snows, I got to wash the car yesterday. In early March the car had 2 coats of NXT followed later by a coat of #16. During the wash yesterday, nearly all of the dirt & grime came off with no heavy rubbing...there were only a few really small stubborn spots.

The GC wash worked really well and during the rinse, any body panel hit directly with water (spray or stream) the water sheeted off with medium to quick speed. However, any body panel that got "splashed" when I rinsed a neighboring panel beaded quite well, the only exception being the extreme leading edge of the hood (which takes quite a beating).

After drying, I stepped back and gave the car a good look-over. The finish looked like it had just been waxed, and was as deep and wet as the day I applied the NXT/#16.

I would have taken pics, but there was no point. If I can't see a difference in person, you sure wouldn't be able to tell with photos.
    Don
    12/27/2015
    "Darth Camaro"
    2013 Camaro ... triple black
    323 hp V6, 6 speed manual

Thanks for the update Don,

I know there are quite a few people interested in #16 Professional Paste wax, it seems to be getting a lot of interest lately.

Do they use salt on the roads in your area?

Mike
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
      Thanks for the update Don,

I know there are quite a few people interested in #16 Professional Paste wax, it seems to be getting a lot of interest lately.

Do they use salt on the roads in your area?

Mike
      Truck loads...cars around here are often half white in the winter.
      Don
      12/27/2015
      "Darth Camaro"
      2013 Camaro ... triple black
      323 hp V6, 6 speed manual

Comment

I've used #16 over both NXT and #20 with excellent results. This is the hood of a Silverado SS 6 weeks after applying #20 and #16. Still beading like crazy!
        Attached Files
        Owner, Scott's Mobile Auto Detailing

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');