• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No. 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No. 7

Can anyone explain where No. 7 fits in terms of abrasiveness or coarseness? I've used No. 7 for a long time without really understanding it. Now that I'm using M105 as needed, and M205 as an oribital polish, I'm wondering where No.7 fits.

FWIW, I found No.7, which I use by hand, seems to take out light swirl marks very well and it even does a good job compared to what I consider to be more aggressive products like "Fine Cut Cleaner" and "Swirl Remover 2.0" which I used before I recently switched to M205. Meguiar's little red-arrow diagram on the bottle seems to suggest that M205 is about in-between those two, and using varying levels of pressure can probably replace both.

I imagine that No.7 is less aggressive than M205, which is why I use it following M205. Maybe some will say they're pretty close.

How do you use them?

Re: No. 7

#7 is oils only, with no abrasives.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Thanks. Should I be using something after M205 and before No 7 or wax?

I honestly don't understand how the polishing oils work. Abrasives, yes. But how the oil by itself does something, I don't know. I do know I get good results with 7, especially on dark paint.

Comment

#7 is great for black, adding depth of shine and shine. It is either "filling" minor scratches temporarily or the abrasiveness of the applicator you are using is correcting minor imperfections.
        2018 Acura RLX Tech - Majestic Black Pearl

Comment

The oil is simply acting as a moisturizer and adding gloss.
          2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');