• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What can be used before Show Car Glaze?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What can be used before Show Car Glaze?

Last fall I completely rejuvenated the paint on my 89' Ford Van (Single Stage paint). M105, Ultimate Compound, and M205 were all used to remove heavy oxidation and prep the paint for finishing products. I then applied three coats of M7, two coats of M21, followed by two coats of M26. Definite overkill but I enjoyed it. The vehicle sits in the garage and all I have done since is a couple spray downs with D156. I would like to hit her with several coats of M7 again. I am wondering if I first hit her with a thorough cleaning/sealant of M20 if the M7 could still get to the paint to nourish it. I really like M20 and would prefer not having to go back to the M205. I guess my question is if the M7 can nourish the paint with the M20 already applied?

Thanks
    David

Re: What can be used before Show Car Glaze?

Did you have issues with the #205?

You really would want just a cleaner, or cleaner/polish before the #7. Maybe look at #80.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Did you have issues with the #205?
      No, I had no issues with #205. I just wanted to go with the least aggressive product I could. The #205 does have the oils in it so I think I will just go ahead with that again. I will look into #80 as I do like trying new products. Thanks Matt.

Comment

I use a lot of M07 on SS paint. My process is to do a clay job first, which I feel removes enough of the multiple waxes and/or sealants that the oil content of the M07 gets into the paint, I apply M07 using a folded MF cloth with a fair amount of pressure. All you need to do is look at your cloth for your paint color to know you're getting through any wax or sealant to the base paint material.

Bill

Comment

I use a lot of M07 on SS paint. My process is to do a clay job first, which I feel removes enough of the multiple waxes and/or sealants that the oil content of the M07 gets into the paint, I apply M07 using a folded MF cloth with a fair amount of pressure. All you need to do is look at your cloth for your paint color to know you're getting through any wax or sealant to the base paint material.

Bill
          That is a good point. Using the clay bar is quite easy and that should be done anyways. Of all the cleaner/polishes that Meguiars produces, M09, M80, M82 etc., which product contains the most nourishing oils? Thanks.

David

Comment

#80.

Comment

#80.
              Thanks.

Comment

What about UP? Does some cleaning and has a lot of polishing oils.

Comment

Originally posted by LS1BERLINA View Post
                  What about UP? Does some cleaning and has a lot of polishing oils.
                  Was thinking the same thing.
                  Francis

Comment

Originally posted by davidcam View Post
                    That is a good point. Using the clay bar is quite easy and that should be done anyways. Of all the cleaner/polishes that Meguiars produces, M09, M80, M82 etc., which product contains the most nourishing oils? Thanks.

David
                    I've used a lot of M07, M80, M09 and M03, but no M82, so here's my opinion: M09 was designed for the "hi-tech" finishes as a swirl remover, so it's not as high in oil content as the products targeted for SS paint such as M03 and M80. M80 and M03 are somewhat close in oil content IMO, but M80 has more cutting ability than M03, so I get better and faster results on SS paint. Both are pad-dependent on the level of cut, but considering the wider range of M80, nowadays I use it far more than M03.

Bill

Comment

I think #80 will still have the most oils.

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');