• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

All Season Dressing for interior or not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All Season Dressing for interior or not?

Hi. Is it ok to use All Season Dressing (D160) for the dash and other interior plastics? A friend wanted to use mine for his dash and I thought it may be a bad idea. I've always been under the impression it's pretty much for tires only. Let me know please. Thank you!

Re: All Season Dressing for interior or not?

Ehh... its a bit greasy.

I've used it around the door sill, but not up on anything I want to look at / touch.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

I agree, probably better to use something like Natural Shine, Supreme Shine, or Quick Interior Detailer for the interiors.

Comment

Thanks for the replies. Not really my cup of tea, but he wants a "wet" shiny look. I go with Natural Shine.

Comment

Well, wont damage anything to try it.

Comment

Originally posted by Murr1525 View Post
            Well, wont damage anything to try it.
            Thanks! I will let him know this and let him decide.

Comment

Supreme shine is like $5 a bottle and it gives you that wet shiny look to the interiors. All Season Dressing also smells bad to my nose, I wouldn't want to use it on the inside. Supreme Shine also has some UV protectants in it that can be beneficial to interiors.

Comment

Nxt Tech Protectant/Cockput Shine is probably the glossiest interior product, if you can find one. Though still on the greasy side.

Supreme Shine is less glossy, but dries to the touch.

Comment

Originally posted by ethereal45 View Post
                  Supreme shine is like $5 a bottle and it gives you that wet shiny look to the interiors. All Season Dressing also smells bad to my nose, I wouldn't want to use it on the inside. Supreme Shine also has some UV protectants in it that can be beneficial to interiors.
                  Very helpful to know this! He's probably the only one I know that is looking for that wet look. Since I don't go for that look I don't have much experience with those types so this is good to know. Thank you!

Comment

Supreme Shine looks nice without looking greasy. It dries to the touch as Murr said and it doesn't smear. It is inexpensive, goes a long way, and has cleaners, conditioners, and protectants.

Comment

Ultimate Protectant is alright, too. Pry the glossiest out of the group, but not as easy to apply as Supreme/Natural Shine. Especially the wipes, super convenient!

Mark

Comment

Btw, NXT Cockpit Shine is available here-

http://www.autogeek.net/mg12924cs.html

Comment

I would not use ASD on the interior. It will be greasy and attract dust and dirt. If you want a shiny interior dressing try Megs WBD straight or you can adjust the shine by adding water to the mix. Check out this Ram 1500 with I did with Megs WBD at 3 parts product 1 part water. http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums...Ram-1500-Sport

http://www.meticulous-detail.com/
                          "The Prep makes the Pop, not what's on Top"

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');