• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best product for refreshing the carpet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best product for refreshing the carpet

Over the last 4 years the carpets in my wife's car and my car need some refreshing. Not huge stains but small ones and they look a little dull. I have a brush coming one is for hand use and the other I should be able to put on my PC. I am trying to find a cleaner for the carpet that is easy to use. Looking at the professional line there are a few that might work. I am not 100% sure. Know once I have my car down and my wife's I will be doing a lot more.

Thank you for help

Re: Best product for refreshing the carpet

Honestly I think the majority of the people here are going to recommend All Purpose Cleaner or All Purpose Cleaner Plus.

APC+ is the newer product, and is different from APC in that it does not generate large amounts of foam. If you are working by hand, you may actually prefer the foam as you can swish some of it around in a bucket of water and generate some suds. You can then brush the suds through the carpet to lift up the dirt, and you can do so without getting the carpets as wet.

It all comes down to personal preference. I clean my carpets with APC+ using the following method:

1) Vacuum carpets briefly to get the surface dirt and debris off.
    2) Brush the carpets while dry with a fairly stiff brush. This loosens embedded dirt extremely well.
    3) Spray with APC+ on the carpets and rub it in with my hand.
    4) Dunk the brush in hot water and scrub the carpets.
    5) Vacuum up with a shop vac, getting as much water as I can.
    6) Use a large terry towel to blot some additional water out of the carpet.

They will come out looking brand new if you do this. If you have major stains, you might want to try a Meguiar's product called QwikOut, which people have reviewed as an incredible stain remover. I have not tried it personally, but everyone who has used it has nothing but positive things to say.

I must give credit to MOL Member Tuck91, who outlined a similar method some time ago. I picked up on it and it works very well. I never thought to dry brush the carpets, but that truly is a key step.

Comment

Working...
    X
    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');