• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WTA : One Step Car Detailing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTA : One Step Car Detailing

Hello Car Crazy! This is my second post in MOL..

For the final project of my college, I have a plan to make a Car Detailing..
    I'm thinking to use AIO (All In One) products such as : D151, #83, #80, #82. The main concept is a One Step Detailing, less time needed (probably 2 hours, maximum).

Which product is the best solution for my detailing project? Thanks anyway

Re: WTA : One Step Car Detailing

Rafael,

Not all the products, which you've listed, are cleaner waxes or AIOs (cleaner/ polish/ wax). Only D151 Paint Reconditioning Cream falls under that category.
    The other cleaner waxes are: A12 Cleaner Wax, ColorX, M06 Cleaner Wax, M20 Polymer Sealant, M66 Quick Detailer and D301 Finishing Wax. Cleaner waxes are an excellent choice for daily drivers or quick detailing projects. Of course multi step approach will offer higher end final results.

D151 is the most aggressive cleaner wax and it also uses non-diminishing abrasives (SMAT). M20 is the mildest one but it offers high gloss finishing.

M83, M80, M82 have no protecting ability (no wax). They are just cleaner polishes.

Comment

D151 has some good write ups. M66 has had good things said about it as well.
      Always searching for the best.... Keep it country!
      ---------
      SkiDoo Snowmobiles!

Comment

I love PRC 151 for a one step product. However, I never use it that way. I always follow up with a wax/sealant.

Andy
        Keeping MOL family friendly! If you need help or have a question, don't hesitate to shoot me an email or PM. 101impala@gmail.com
        Andy M. Moderator

Comment

Hmm.. I see. So the #80, #82, and #83 have no protecting ability.. I thought it was almost the same like cleaner waxes (one step)
          But can A12 Cleaner Wax, ColorX, M06 Cleaner Wax, M20 Polymer Sealant, M66 Quick Detailer and D301 Finishing Wax remove waterspots, and swirls?

Because I just wanna use one product, because the concept is one step car detailing Is there any recommendation?

Comment

I just read on meguiars.com, they said that speed glaze, swirl free polish, and DA cleaner polish contains step 2 and step 3..

Comment

Originally posted by Rafael Rakyan View Post
              But can A12 Cleaner Wax, ColorX, M06 Cleaner Wax, M20 Polymer Sealant, M66 Quick Detailer and D301 Finishing Wax remove waterspots, and swirls?
              Water spots and swirls are below surface defects so it means that to remove them you need to remove a small amount of paint.

Which product to use it's gonna depend on several factors:
              - hardness of your paint,
              - type of product application (machine vs. hand, D/A polisher vs. rotary buffer),
              - type of buffing pad used (cutting/ polishing/ finishing),
              - amount of down pressure,
              - size of area you work on in one section.

Certainly M66, D301 (with microfiber disc) and D151 are capable of those defect removal for sure.

I love PRC 151 for a one step product. However, I never use it that way. I always follow up with a wax/sealant.
              As Andy said above - it's a smart way to go and apply a finishing wax/ sealant on top of a cleaner wax for longer lasting protection.

Comment

I've decided to buy D151..

Thanks anyway

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');