• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

will solo bring back the shine or need other products

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• will solo bring back the shine or need other products

i have to detail a truck, the sun had taken its toll on it, leaving it heavily "faded". its a red orange color, but it looks really oxidized. its a big trailer so i do not want to be using tooo many products. i heard the so1o is a compound and polish in one. just wondering if it will be able to restore the paint even if it does not have a clearcoat. i still have to "test it" but if does not will it help it if not what are my options.? thank you

Re: will solo bring back the shine or need other products

The Solo is more for fresh paint.

What machines are you working with?
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

With a porter cable foam pads what product would be best then?

Comment

Ultimate compound might be your best friend... Great compound to use on a DA. Finishes off very well also.
        - Markito -

Comment

As mentioned above The So1o System has been designed and recommended to use on fresh paint (mostly for body shops) with rotary buffers only. If you use M86 Cut & Polish Cream on cured paint with a D/A polisher (outside Meguiar's recommendations) your results would be hard to predict.

You need to perform some test spot(s) on small area(s) to see which product/ pad combo leaves your paint surface in best shape. Ultimate Compound with yellow polishing pad on speed 5 would be a good starting point for neglected paint.

Comment

If it's a single-stage paint, your best choice may be M80. It's rich in oil content, which may be what your paint needs.

Bill

Comment

From my recent experience on single stage heavily oxidized paint the Solo system is unbelievably worth it. It is marketed towards body shops and fresh paint and obviously that is Meguiar's intended use but in my "recent" experience on 3-4 year old heavily oxidized SS paint on daily driven and abused taxis it is a miracle worker I feel Meguiar's would do right by changing the Marketing as a SS miracle as well

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');