• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Falling in love...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Falling in love...

...with M16 all over again.

I waxed my car again tonight and decided to break out my tin that has been sitting for the last year. It wasn't needed by any means as there are two coats of Wolfgang DGS 3.0 on it from just three weeks ago but I wanted to do some comparisons. I compared 16 to Wolfgang and they were about dead even. Wolfgang definitely has the longevity advantage but 16 doesn't have to cure for 12 hours. I then compared the wax to UW. Again, UW has the longevity but my goodness did 16 ever take the looks category.

I simply love this stuff. It is soooo easy to apply and it just gives the paint a wonderful warm glow that seems as if there is light eminating from the paint itself. Honestly, I have yet to find a wax or sealant that can match it on looks and ease of use combined. This stuff is magical. Thank goodness I have two tins as I will be going back to this again and again. What is in this stuff that makes it so awesome?

Re: Falling in love...

I wish I had a tin of the M16. I never tried it but I have heard such good things. ***** I can buy it .

Comment

I absolutely love M16. I've tried everything, including Ultimate Wax, and even though I know the durability probably doesn't compare, I still go back to the M16.

Fallz- it was discontinued in the US, there are some eBay sellers still selling tins (leftover) out of Canada from time to time. You have to search around for it.

A local paint store over here has one can still on the shelf...
      2000 Ford Explorer XLT "Deuce"
      2007 Toyota Camry XLE

Comment

For anyone looking for it, the Meguiar's museum curator (j/k) Kevin Brown has a few tins of M16 left for sale at a very reasonable $30 + $5 flat shipping:

He also has some other rare Meg's items for sale like Deep Crystal Paste wax (#3).

I am no relation to Kevin, just a happy customer.

Comment

That's not a bad price at all. I got mine for 10 a tin so I bought two. I figure if I wax my car 12 times a year just one tin will probably last for a decade. I still have barely put a dent in it.

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn Devlin View Post
            For anyone looking for it, the Meguiar's museum curator (j/k) Kevin Brown has a few tins of M16 left for sale at a very reasonable $30 + $5 flat shipping:

He also has some other rare Meg's items for sale like Deep Crystal Paste wax (#3).

Thanks , Just ordered a tin.

Comment

Originally Posted by Shawn Devlin

Thanks , Just ordered a tin.

Thanks, I just placed an order also.

Comment

[QUOTE] Originally Posted by Shawn Devlin

I see on his website that Kevin Brown has located another small supply of M16. I received my order of M16 from Kevin and it was perfect. I am hoping it will last me for some years now as I am so happy with the product. Don't know how much longer we can get it but I am glad that I didn't miss out on this opportunity. I also purchased some detailing products from him and am very pleased. Shipping is very reasonable, he gives special discounts for volume and he ships out very quickly. I am not related to Kevin at all either, and I have been quite impressed by his customer service and his friendly, personal approach to dealing with customers. His prices are good and I have yet to pay more than 5.00 in shipping charges. Check it out.

Comment

[QUOTE=davidcam;483594]
                  I see on his website that Kevin Brown has located another small supply of M16. I received my order of M16 from Kevin and it was perfect. I am hoping it will last me for some years now as I am so happy with the product. Don't know how much longer we can get it but I am glad that I didn't miss out on this opportunity. I also purchased some detailing products from him and am very pleased. Shipping is very reasonable, he gives special discounts for volume and he ships out very quickly. I am not related to Kevin at all either, and I have been quite impressed by his customer service and his friendly, personal approach to dealing with customers. His prices are good and I have yet to pay more than 5.00 in shipping charges. Check it out.
                  Glad it worked out for you, I knew you would not be disappointed with the service. I have purchased Meguiar's supplies from a lot of vendors over the years who have been very good about customer service, but Kevin "turns it up to 11".

Comment

Originally posted by robert84
                    A local paint store over here has one can still on the shelf..
                    What are you waiting for

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');