• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Our view of the MF DA Correction System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our view of the MF DA Correction System

Well, we like it. We like it a lot.

Our evaluation and comments may not be as valuable and useful as others, as we do not use competitive products. We seldom (twice a week?) use a rotary, as we have learned to produce wonderful results with a DA and M105/M205.

Please read Todd Thule's excellent review in a fine Q &A format.

Having said that, the new system works quite well. We don’t perceive it to be faster, nor more efficient. Our minor complaint is the curious, “marbleized” haze that the system leaves. It is difficult to evaluate progress without stopping to wipe the excess. Or, conversely, working the product longer to eliminate the haze. Both require additional time.

We’ve used the system on 28 OEM finishes. Most were high end imports, 3 to 5 years old. All were perceived to be in the ‘mild to moderate defect’ category. We did not attempt to use the system on severely scratched surfaces, nor did we use the system on refinished panels.
    We used 6” pads and 3” pads on both electric and pneumatic dual action polishers. We had great success on 27 of the vehicles.

A black Audi A8 just would not ‘cooperate’, although we perceived the swirls and marring to be in the moderate category. M105, yellow pad and rotary did the cutting, and we finished with DA MF pad and M301.

We understand that the target end-user for D300 is the average mainstream detailer at car washes, detail shops, mobile detailers, car auctions, and car dealerships. We find the system to be simple, forgiving and effective.

Yet another addition to our toolbox of tricks...
    If it was easy, everybody'd be doing it!

www.jimmybuffit.com

Re: Our view of the MF DA Correction System

Question, how much product have you been using per application? Reason I ask is I've never had a problem seeing the paints surface while I'm working it, unless I've used too much product. I have a full review coming soon, but just read yours and wanted to see how much product you're using for a single area? At most, I use two pea size drops for a 2x2 square. I've tried using a half circle of product on the pad, but found that I get the same results you're getting, where you can not see the surface while you're working. Lighten up the amount of product and keep the pad blown out, and get great results, and be able to see the surface while working!
    2008 Meguiar's Batmobile Team
    2008 Meguiar's/Ford SEMA Team
    2009 Meguiar's/Ford SEMA Team
    2010 Meguiar's/Ford SEMA Team

Comment

Thanks for the review Jimmy! Nice to see some other viewpoints on it too.
      Originally posted by Nick Chapman View Post
      Question, how much product have you been using per application? Reason I ask is I've never had a problem seeing the paints surface while I'm working it, unless I've used too much product. I have a full review coming soon, but just read yours and wanted to see how much product you're using for a single area? At most, I use two pea size drops for a 2x2 square. I've tried using a half circle of product on the pad, but found that I get the same results you're getting, where you can not see the surface while you're working. Lighten up the amount of product and keep the pad blown out, and get great results, and be able to see the surface while working!
      I've been using 3-4 and blowing off after each section...I never noticed any issues but I'll have to try stepping it down to 2 dots per section and see if I notice much difference that way. Thanks for the tip Nick....can't wait for your review!
      Rasky's Auto Detailing

Comment

I will second the less is more. I don't have an air compressor, so being limited to a spur means it is especially crucial I do not overload the pad.

I made that mistake early on and found the tell-tale curly-Q leftovers and added haze.

Thanks for the write-up, though, it's great to know the product was effective in 96.4% of trials! That's definitely better than most product combos I've tried.

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');