• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just Used #83

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just Used #83

I found a bottle of 83 sitting on a shelf at NAPA so i picked it up. I never have tried it, and have only used one other product before that would be comparible.

The other product i used (i wont mention names, its not important) was a professional grade product and may have been better suited for the rotary.

I didnt have any luck with it, and i would have to go over an area 3 or 4 times to remove swirls with a light cutting pad.

So, i thought this was the norm. It took me all day, roughly 7 hours to do a 2 step polish job per car, and the results were not that good. This sounded consistant with other peoples experiences, so i didnt think much of it.

My wifes car is a white 2000 intrepid. It had MAJOR swirls, spiderwebs, cobwebs, every web!, plus these repeating scratches all over it. It looked like auto scratches, but scratches done with wire instead of a cloth machine

Like i said before, i am not a car nut. I used to look at the paint before, and if nothing was stuck on it, it was clean. A few months ago i started to really look at the paint. And i was horrified, what have i done lol.

So, picture the most scratched up 5 year old car you have ever seen, this was it.

Anyways....whew, #83 on the first try removed 80% of everything. I was amazed., i did it 2 more times(3) and all but the deepest scratches were gone. I only did a door and a fender tonight.

I am content here, its white, its old, and its a dodge, and it looks good.

I have read other places that #83 is hard to remove. Well, i dont know what they were doing, but it came off no problems for me.

Just before it dusts, stop. Its not complicated. It wipes right off.

My only question is, is #80 this awesome too

Well gotta go buff off the NXT now

Sounds like you had a great experience, and yes, #80 is top notch.

Comment

Re: Just Used #83

Originally posted by JeffM
      My only question is, is #80 this awesome too

Well gotta go buff off the NXT now
      Hi Jeff,

#80 is just as awesome for its intended purpose. That is removing light, or shallow defects and producing a deep wet, high gloss shine.

Mike
      Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Yes i had a good time, its more rewarding when the products provide good results, i guess the nice smell is just a bonus

I followed up with a very light cut product with a polish pad, but i didnt notice really much difference. Does #83 need to always be followed up with a milder polish?

#80 is just as awesome for its intended purpose. That is removing light, or shallow defects and producing a deep wet, high gloss shine.
        Who wants a deep, wet, high gloss shine

Comment

Hey,

Just to chime in...

If you used the #83 on a lighter color, often you could go right to the last step product. However, on darker colors, you may notice a little product haze which will require using a less aggressive product. I would suggest using #80 after the #83. Awesome combo!!

Tim
          Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Ok, thanks for the feedback

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');