• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Castrol Super Clean - most similar Meguiar's product?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Castrol Super Clean - most similar Meguiar's product?

I agree with the road paint diagnosis.

Before you spend allot of time trying every water-based cleaner available consider what road paint designed to withstand.

There are a few things you can try to get it off. If the paint is fairly heavy, you can try, very carefully, getting under an edge with a razor blade and see if it will peel off. Road paint does not stick very well to an enamel base paint and if you have enough "bite" it should peel off easily. You can go to a parts store and get plastic razor blades that will minimize any possible damage to the finish. I would also suggest using a hair dryer to soften up the road paint somewhat then try to peal it off.

If your car has a good coating of sealant or wax this will help removing it.
    BobbyG

Comment

How about a paint cleaner?

Comment

Originally posted by BobbyG View Post
        If your car has a good coating of sealant or wax this will help removing it.
        Unfortunately there wasnt any wax on the car yet. My grandma bought it brand new and i found out no one has waxed it for her so i did the 5 step cycle and nothing i tried helped. I will try the blow dryer and razor, maybe even gasoline which i dont care to try but i will re wax that section. Thanks
        Am i obsessed?? A car is the second biggest financial investment for most people, why not keep it looking better than new?

Comment

Removing road paint is going to take time and therefore, patience. Just don't rush it or you could ruin the paint trying to get it done quickly. Use the blow drier from a distance, and just keep the paint temperature in check.

Comment

Originally posted by hacker-pschorr View Post
            I've been using this stuff for years on various jobs and ratios.

What would be the most similar Meg's product once I run out?

It smells a lot like wheel brightener (similar color too). Or Super Degreaser?

Going back to the original question...

I haven't used Castrol Super Clean in ages, but if it's still as strong as it was years back I'd rank it way up there with something like Wheel Brightener. Super Clean is way too strong IMO.

Alex
            Mandarina Racing

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');