• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

#81 removal question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #81 removal question

Since #7 and #81 are similar to each other, is removing them the same way??

To be more clear, #7 "skins" as they call it and you have to remove it little by little, do you have to remove #81 the same way as #7?? or can you remove #81 like a wax??? tks,,,,,deadman98

I remove a section at a time with MF. Never tried it the other way though.

Comment

I find that I get better results, more gloss, if I let the #81 skin first before I remove it.

RamAirV1
      2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack 392Granite Crystal
      2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

I never really understood the term "skins", on the #7. I love the 7 but never had any problem removing it, or smearing. For me, 7 is the cornerstone of a perfect job. Anybody tried NXT over 7?? or vice-versa??
        Reflections
        Professional Detailing
        Paint Polishing
        Carlos Davila Owner

Comment

Originally posted by Reflections
          I never really understood the term "skins", on the #7. I love the 7 but never had any problem removing it, or smearing. For me, 7 is the cornerstone of a perfect job. Anybody tried NXT over 7?? or vice-versa??
          Skin means like this. I see it this way.

When your making instant pudding or something, if it is untouched for a period of time the top layer of the pudding dries out or "skins" if you will, hence the term skin. Once the pudding is stirred the "skin" or top layer goes away and exposes a new wet layer of pudding.

The same principle goes for #7. I agree with you with #7 for adding that extra gloss to the finish. I really like #7 alot. It can be hard to remove if your technique isn't right but the shine iIMO is really eye catching

Hope this helps you out,,,deadman98

Comment

Originally posted by deadman98
            Skin means like this. I see it this way.

When your making instant pudding or something, if it is untouched for a period of time the top layer of the pudding dries out or "skins" if you will, hence the term skin. Once the pudding is stirred the "skin" or top layer goes away and exposes a new wet layer of pudding.

The same principle goes for #7. I agree with you with #7 for adding that extra gloss to the finish. I really like #7 alot. It can be hard to remove if your technique isn't right but the shine iIMO is really eye catching

Hope this helps you out,,,deadman98
            I see now. I'll be experimenting with 7 some more this weekend. How do you remove 7? Do the whole car and then remove or panel at a time? I use the panel method.
            Reflections
            Professional Detailing
            Paint Polishing
            Carlos Davila Owner

Comment

Hey Reflections,

As far as removing #7 goes, I remove it by letting it "skin" first, break up the residue with a cotton towel and follow with a MF. I'm still new to this method but it seems to work well for me.

What I do is go around my whole truck or someones car, by the time I get all around everything, the first panel should've had plenty of time to skin then I just break it up, let it skin some more and remove the rest, follow with a MF to pick up anything that's left. Works great for me,,,,,,deadman98

Comment

Hey Guys,

Here is a link to some great info about #7: http://www.showcargarage.com/forum/s...?s=&threadid=2
                r. b.

Comment

Hey,

I have had great success applying and removing #81 Hand Polish following the same method as the one used for #7 Show Car Glaze. However, with #81, I have also had no problems doing one panel at a time either.

Tim
                  Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

I put NXT over the top of #7 and its wet, slick and glossy look is yet to be matched. Also topped with carnuabua wax DC-3. Just to help durability......or so i was told by a friend.
                    www.detail-city.tk

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');