• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shampoo Plus, has anyone tried it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shampoo Plus, has anyone tried it?

I see a lot about Hyper wash, but what about Megs other new carwash, has anyone tried it yet? If so, how do you like it?
    I want 4" Softbuff pads!

Ive tried it. I think its alright, but not super.

I would rate it as being a bit better than the Deep Crystal Wash, but not as good as the Nxt Wash.

I forget what the cost of Shampoo + is though. So if you can, I would say go with nxt wash, but if you need it in quantity, go with shampoo + (or hyper wash maybe.. I havent tried it yet)

hope this helps...

Comment

I almost bought a gallon, but the guy I buy my stuff from talked me in to hyperwash instead. Can't say I went wrong with the hyper wash.

BTW, I had a bucket of hyperwashI didn't pour out right away like I usually do. About 45 min after washing the car there was still about an inch of foam on the surface of the bucket!
      Later,
      Ricky

For great Meguiar's deals I use
      Auto Detailing Solutions

Comment

Is Shampoo+ the replacement for Wash and Wax?

Eric
        Talk it over folks. Communication is the key.

--Jerry Springer

Comment

Originally posted by dcswd
          Ive tried it. I think its alright, but not super.

I would rate it as being a bit better than the Deep Crystal Wash, but not as good as the Nxt Wash.

I forget what the cost of Shampoo + is though. So if you can, I would say go with nxt wash, but if you need it in quantity, go with shampoo + (or hyper wash maybe.. I havent tried it yet)

hope this helps...
          What qualities does Shampoo+ lack when compared to NXT wash or DC wash?

Eric

--Jerry Springer

Comment

Originally posted by Teak
            What qualities does Shampoo+ lack when compared to NXT wash or DC wash?

Eric

Compared to NXT wash, Shampoo+ lacks the high lubricity found in NXT wash. Shampoo+ is a nice wash that fits its target audience (Detailer Line... professional detailers) very well. If you just want a standard wash, you wont go wrong with it.

For washing your personal car, I think NXT wash is better because of the high lubricity to help you prevent swirl marks more than other other washes might. I would think that NXT wash leaves a bit more shine behind when you do a wash as well.

Both NXT wash and Shampoo+ are good washes, and they both have their target audience which they cater to very well. I was never too fond of the Deep Crystal Wash (especially compared to NXT wash... it just isnt as good) but others might have different opinions on that.

I hope this helps you some and feel free to post more questions for me

Comment

Originally posted by dcswd
              Compared to NXT wash, Shampoo+ lacks the high lubricity found in NXT wash. Shampoo+ is a nice wash that fits its target audience (Detailer Line... professional detailers) very well. If you just want a standard wash, you wont go wrong with it.

For washing your personal car, I think NXT wash is better because of the high lubricity to help you prevent swirl marks more than other other washes might. I would think that NXT wash leaves a bit more shine behind when you do a wash as well.

Both NXT wash and Shampoo+ are good washes, and they both have their target audience which they cater to very well. I was never too fond of the Deep Crystal Wash (especially compared to NXT wash... it just isnt as good) but others might have different opinions on that.

I hope this helps you some and feel free to post more questions for me
              Thanks for the info.

Eric

--Jerry Springer

Comment

I thought shampoo plus was supposed to be the replacement for wash and wax, which had a polymer that created a beading action? Am I wrong? Anyone care to confirm/deny?
                I want 4" Softbuff pads!

Comment

Originally posted by gbackus
                  I thought shampoo plus was supposed to be the replacement for wash and wax, which had a polymer that created a beading action? Am I wrong? Anyone care to confirm/deny?

That was my understanding. It's supposed to add some wax protection when you wash.
                  Later,
                  Ricky

For great Meguiar's deals I use
                  Auto Detailing Solutions

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');