• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Storing M105....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Storing M105....

As most of you know, I'm a mobile detailer. I have a 2004 Chevy 1 ton van as my detail shop. As a result, a lot of my supplies have to be stored inside the van all of the time. Recently had an issue with M105, and thought I'd bring it up so other could avoid wasting money.

Here in Texas, it's starting to get hot again, really hot! Interior temps are breaking into the 120* range. The M105 that I store in the van(both my 12oz squeeze bottle, and the gallon I keep in the van) have all turned into the consistency of water Very runny! Put some on a pad, and it runs right off if the pad is at any kind of an angle. Also, the cutting power that M105 is famous for, is all but gone

My only theory at this point is the heat. I can't say for sure yet, but it appears that this may be the case. This is my first summer with the new formula, and the old formula didn't do this to me last year, so I don't know

Anyhow, keep an eye on your supplies of M105. If it's getting hot where you live, you might want to move your supply of M105 to a cooler place until this is confirmed or denied. I sent Jason an email asking for his thoughts, but haven't heard anything back yet.

Nick
    2008 Meguiar's Batmobile Team
    2008 Meguiar's/Ford SEMA Team
    2009 Meguiar's/Ford SEMA Team
    2010 Meguiar's/Ford SEMA Team

Re: Storing M105....

Originally posted by Nick Chapman View Post
    Anyhow, keep an eye on your supplies of M105. If it's getting hot where you live, you might want to move your supply of M105 to a cooler place until this is confirmed or denied. I sent Jason an email asking for his thoughts, but haven't heard anything back yet.

Nick
    Good to know... well, good for us, bad for you.
    I just got a gallon of the new 105, and it's a tad warm here as well. Thanks for the tip! Now... to convince the wife to let me store chemicals in the house............
    The only reason some people get lost in thought... is because it is unfamiliar territory for them.
    --VoicesInMyHead--
    0101011101100101001000000100000101110010011001010010000001000111011001010110010101101011

Comment

I also have a gallon of M105 in the garage, and that gallon is fine. Just the M105 that was in the van did this to me. I'm going to have to figure out how to keep the cooler in the van.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Chapman View Post
        I also have a gallon of M105 in the garage, and that gallon is fine. Just the M105 that was in the van did this to me. I'm going to have to figure out how to keep the cooler in the van.
        Okay good cuz I was just about to ask if they things in your garage are fine. Im getting ready to place my flex order with polishes and such. Sorry to hear about what happened, but I cant think of any way that you would be able to keep the van cooler without keeping it in the garage with the doors open for ventalation which I know isnt doable....hmmmm

Comment

Originally posted by john m. View Post
          Okay good cuz I was just about to ask if they things in your garage are fine. Im getting ready to place my flex order with polishes and such. Sorry to hear about what happened, but I cant think of any way that you would be able to keep the van cooler without keeping it in the garage with the doors open for ventalation which I know isnt doable....hmmmm
          Remote start with the A/C running

Comment

Nick, have you looked into those little solar powered fans that hook onto the top of the window? They do a great job of pulling the hot air out. I've used one before and have no complaints, especially like the fact that it's self-powered.
            Alex C.

Comment

Originally posted by Black150 View Post
              Nick, have you looked into those little solar powered fans that hook onto the top of the window? They do a great job of pulling the hot air out. I've used one before and have no complaints, especially like the fact that it's self-powered.
              Not yet, but I will now that you've brought it up.

Thanks!

Comment

Maybe a really dumb idea, but perhaps keep your samples in a small cooler in the van? Doesn't really work well for the gallons, but for the smaller items that are used often it might help out. Just typing outloud.
                NOTE: Post count does not reflect actual detailing knowledge.

Comment

I guess shaking the bottles vigorously wouldn't help at this point eh?

Comment

That same thing has happened to my 12 oz sample bottle I keep in the garage. Thin as water. Shaking doesn't help.

Mike
                    Why do we drive on a Parkway, and park on a Driveway

George Carlin

Comment

I keep everything in tubs in my gagrage, during the extreme heat and cold I move polishes, sealants and waxes in the house

Comment

Nick,

Have you spoken with Meguiars customer care about this? Seems like this would be a common problem with pro detailers in the southern regions like yours and that it would be a problem they might want to fix.
                        -Bob
                        NXTti graduate, Meguiars Ford/SEMA Team

"All Corvette's are red, the rest are mistakes" - John Heinricy (Corvette Engineer)

Comment

I think the cooler Idea is good, could see a small benefit from that..not necessarily needing to keep it ice cold, just colder.

The window fan is a good idea, you would just need to make sure you ended up putting window vents on the van so that if it started to rain, you could still keep the fan going to keep it cool...
                          Fergy-

You're only as good as your last detail

Comment

Threads posted in the Customer Service Hotline forum, automatically generate and send Customer Care an e-mail notification. That doesn't happen with the rest of the forum.

I'll send the link to this thread to Jason Rose who is the Manager for the Professional Line.

Mike Phillips
                            760-515-0444
                            showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

I'm confused. I thought you were trying to sell your van and stuff?

Did you change your mind?
                              Shane
                              1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL

If you trim yourself to fit the world you'll whittle yourself away. - Aaron Tippin

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');