• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Last Touch - Streaking?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last Touch - Streaking?

I have Last Touch and really like the stuff... but it seems just as soon as I get use to applying the product streak free it streaks again. What might I be doing wrong? I park my truck in the garage and apply it to a cool/just washed surface everytime. I mist the product on the truck then wipe, turn the towel over to a dry side and one last wipe. I am have microfiber towels from pakshak. Would a ultimate wipe help any or a softer microfiber?
    Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
    Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

I noticed the same thing with Last Touch. Especially when claying a car using LT as lube. I apply the product the same way you mentioned. Almost made me switch back to QD. Yesterday I tried using 2 MFs (Meguair's MF). One MF to remove bulk of Last Touch. 2nd MF to remove the remaining LT and buff to shine. Seems to work like a champ. This was on a black colored truck too. No streaks. Give it a try.

Good luck.

Comment

I've had this happen too. I think it's the method more than anything. Don't spray directly on the surface, spray it in the air perpindicular to the surface and let the mist land on the surface. Then wipe a small area down and flip the the dry side and go over it a few times. Personally I've found using too much tends to create streaks.
      Later,
      Ricky

For great Meguiar's deals I use
      Auto Detailing Solutions

Comment

Originally posted by Rick
        Personally I've found using too much tends to create streaks.

I usually don't notice this streaking problem when just touching up the finish. I notice it more so when I'm claying and using tons of lube. Good point!

Comment

I also have noticed a problem with last touch streaking ,also i noticed on black cars it seems so almost stain the paint if you mist the paint directly,you have to keep reapplying and rubbing to get a clear shine.I am a little disappointed with the performance of this product. I actually liked the final inspection better.

Comment

Hey,

I believe Rick nailed the answer, it is in the amount being used. I have never had an issue with Last Touch until a few weeks ago when I too had some streaking. I then made the mistake and used even more product. I realized that I was using too much. When I re-sprayed the area with a light mist, as well as a light mist on my applying MF, it worked very well. I then use another towel to wipe off. No more streaks!

Tim
            Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

I will give that a try but one more thing... are you suppose to dilute it down when using at as a detailer?
              Brandon

Comment

I dilute 1:1 when using as a clay lube per bottle and detailer product guide (I think that's where I saw it). I also add just a bit of water when I'm using LT as a detail spray too. Please don't spread it around!

Comment

Originally posted by gb387
                  I will give that a try but one more thing... are you suppose to dilute it down when using at as a detailer?
                  I would agree with the others........... probably too much product. I would recommend that you pick up some regular Meguiar's Quik Detailer (consumer brand in red bottle)................. use it up quickly, and then put your Last Touch in the Meguiar's red bottle. Those bottles are "great" for throwing a super light mist of product.

Also, I wouldn't water down the Last Touch when using it for QD'ing. You'll lose some of the "POP", and probably some of the lubrication. Besides, Last Touch is pretty inexpensive compared to many other QD's.
                  Boss_429

Comment

Originally posted by Rick
                    I've had this happen too. I think it's the method more than anything. Don't spray directly on the surface, spray it in the air perpindicular to the surface and let the mist land on the surface. Then wipe a small area down and flip the the dry side and go over it a few times. Personally I've found using too much tends to create streaks.
                    Thats the way to go... I just washed my truck tonight and tryed the LT. Work great! I did add a little... just a little water to the mix earlier in the week in hopes of less streaking, once I use up this mix I will use it full strength and only use a little product.
                    Brandon

Comment

I tried to mix it 1 to 1 and it did'nt work well at all, i am going to try a different nozzle and see what happens, I just never had this problem with final inspection,I possibley think i got a bad gallon, is that possible?

Comment

Hey,

I would not dilute Last Touch when using it as a QD. Only dilute it when using as a lubricant for claying.

Give the methods suggested above a try and see if that helps.

Tim
                        Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');