• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

105 uses?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 105 uses?

Anyone know of any uses for 105 other than paint? Like maybe glass, headlights, metal etc.

Re: 105 uses?

It would probably be ok on glass, certainly would not hurt it.

It can be used on metal.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Ive used it on Chrome pieces and exhaust tips. Ive used it on glass but when it rains it shows where you missed polishing on the glass. Headlights work as well.

Comment

i have not used 105 on the red lenses of brake lights, but I did use Ultimate Compound on them and it took all of the swirls out of the red lenses, looked really good
        2008 Toyota Corolla 5-spd
        2005 Honda CRF250R
        2002 kawasaki Ninja ZX9R

Comment

Originally posted by drastic_detail View Post
          Anyone know of any uses for 105 other than paint? Like maybe glass, headlights, metal etc.
          I've used it on all of the above with great success. Our standard process for restoring head or tail lights is M105 followed by PlastX.

I've used M105 on aluminum, and followed that with Hot Rims All Metal Polish for a chrome-like shine.

It's great for removing baked on water spots on glass.

It's the most versatile product in my bag!

Comment

Some guy over on truthindetailing.com used M205 to clean the stains out of his bathtub: Other uses for the PC...

Comment

Originally posted by drastic_detail View Post
              Yes it can be used on glass...

We encourage MOL members to show off their latest before & after results. We also welcome "Work in Progress" Threads. For Enthusiasts or Professional Detailers

Also can be used on metal exhaust tips or rims to remove brake dust embedded contamination by hand. Be careful with the surface material to prevent damage and be sure to seal afterwards.

Comment

I used it to remove tar as well once from behind my wheels...
                2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Used it to remove some nasty paint transfer from my back fender. Worked very well.
                  NOTE: Post count does not reflect actual detailing knowledge.

Comment

After buffing out all the paint, a tatty but still usable wool cutting pad was used with M105 on all the chrome on this car.

If you look closely at the chrome front bumper maybe you can see in the top picture it's neglected, dull and stained, in the bottom pictures it's all pretty again.

Mike Phillips
                    760-515-0444
                    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

I use it to brush my teeth. Gets all the yellow off brilliantly!
                      Swirls hide in the black molecular depths, only waiting for the right time to emerge and destroy your sanity.
                      --Al Kimel

Comment

I can add some. I used it on a scratched/hazy side glass yesterday. From a farmer rolling it up and down while dirty for years. 3 passes of 105 with a G100 on 5 with a meg's yellow pad.

It did dry rock hard almost imediately and had to have the help of some glass cleaner to get the residue off but worked very well. Followed it with some M10.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');