• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

#82 PC & hazing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #82 PC & hazing

I have noticed that the paint (black) on my infinity is a lot softer than my ford product. I applied #82 on a W-9006 pad (finishing pad) and buff it in on the 5 setting until the product is almost gone and have noticed under my fluorescent lights that I have a slight hazing. So what I am doing wrong?

Hi there, Welcome to MOL. Now to the problem... You mentioned you worked the product in til almost gone. Did you notice if the product had dried and was dry buffing the car's surface?? Was the vehicle's surface very hot? Your pad choice should have stepped down the aggressiveness. Is there any other info you can provide?

Comment

to Meguiar's Online!

with Scrub about this one... You shouldn't wait until the product is completely dry, it should almost be dry though so that the product can do its job. #82 is sometimes used to remove the haziness caused by the more aggressive products.
      2011 Car Crazy Showcase SEMA Team

Comment

The surface is cool, or SoCal room temp. Its been in the garage all weekend. I worked the product till there is hardly any left and you just see the paint.

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');