• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M83 before 205?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M83 before 205?

Just wondering if anyone has tried this, or if is even an option?

105/205 or 83/80 seem to be the popular combos, the latter being used less and less...

But if You did not need the agressiveness of 105, could you sub out M83, or would you be better to just work the 205 longer/ an additional application?

Just curious as I have M83 and some 205 coming. Just wondering what this combo would result...

Re: M83 before 205?

You can.
    It just depends on how bad the swirls are.
    It could be that all you need is 205, and no 83.
    Good Luck!!
    Enjoy Your 205!!
    Joel
    Firefighter/EMT-B
    Rejuvenation Auto Detailing
    "Satisfaction Guaranteed or Your Dirt Back!!!"
    '99 F-150

Comment

Best thing to do is do a test spot with least aggressive first. I have M83 and it's a great product, sadly getting on the back burner with the new SMAT coming out and being used more and more.

I would start out with M205 first then try M83 if the paint is not up to par with what you want. Then, if needed, finish out the M83 with M205.

M83 is a cleaner and polish, hence the name, Dual Action Cleaner Polisher, not to be confused with using with a DA

M83 is a up one from M205 on aggressive scale if doing a comparo, different products but it is stronger.....

Aggressiveness order for new products.....
      Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Comment

There is nothing to say a particular paint would not respond better to the '80' series... its just that the new stuff is very good for most things.
        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Murr1525 View Post
          There is nothing to say a particular paint would not repond better to the "80' series... its just that the new stuff is very good for most things.

Well said Murr, the 80 series are great products, I learned on the M83/M80 combo and my old stand by until I get the M105/M205 combo! Heck I have about 2/3 a gallon of M80!
          Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Comment

If you need something inbetween m105 and m205, theres always m86.

Or you could try m105 on a less agressive pad.

m105 imo is pretty pad/pressure dependent.

Comment

You can certainly use M83 before M205, and if you have some already might as well use it up.

One of the goals for the new M105/M205 Tag Team besides superior performance was to make them easy to wipe off after use and in most cases, especially with the new DA approved M105 they are easy to work with and then wipe off.

Sometimes M83 can become a little gummy and wipe-off can be difficult, if this ever happens then the first thing to do is to clean your buffing pad really well or switch to a clean, dry pad and you can also mist a quick detailer onto any troubled areas to help with removal of residue.

Ultimate Compound is also a great option as is M86 for use before M205

Mike Phillips
              760-515-0444
              showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Originally posted by Dsoto87 View Post
                m105 imo is pretty pad/pressure dependent.
                Depending upon what you're trying to accomplish.

Mike Phillips
                760-515-0444
                showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Thanks all for your replies! I will definately give it a try

I would like to get my hands on some UC as you mentioned Mike. I see we should be expecting it up here very soon... Though, I may run across the border because there are several things we aren't getting/will never be getting!

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');