• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

#80 - Strange Packaging...??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #80 - Strange Packaging...??

Just registered on the Meguires Site but have always read thru this forum for the longest time....I'll drop by the into threads later.

I've been using 3M polishes for the past 3 years, and thought I would try it out Meguiars this season.

Bought a bottle of #80 from local Autoparts store looks really strange packaging.

Packaging looks really old school...but it still has the same part # as the #80 - Meguiars Part #M-8032.

Is it just me being a newbie to Meguiars that I don't recongnize the packaging. Meguiars site shows all their professional line with the same style of packaging and the 1-10 meter to show cut leve.

Edited - 10:45PM
    I'm sorry if I might have upset the moderators
    This thread didnt show up the when i posted it so i reposted it in the Detailing 101 section...

Newbie mistake....

Oops here are the pictures

Last edited by Markus Kleis; Mar 12, 2009, 09:15 PM. Reason: Took Better Pictures *Filtered for language - Mark Kleis

Re: #80 - Strange Packaging...??

So what does yours look like? Also, what is the color and consistency of the product inside?

Comment

It sounds like you just have an older bottle or packaging perhaps?

Take a picture of it for us
      Matt

Comment

Here are some of the older style bottles that Speed Glaze came in:

Although the product names are different, the bottle and sticker style is the same.

If it was really old, it might have came in a tan bottle with a green label.
        Chris
        Dasher Detailing Services

Comment

Originally posted by PorscheGuy997 View Post
          Here are some of the older style bottles that Speed Glaze came in:

Although the product names are different, the bottle and sticker style is the same.

If it was really old, it might have came in a tan bottle with a green label.

Looks like I just got an old bottle...strange though Im curious how long my bottle has been sitting on the distributors shelf for..

weird question but...
          any concerns with shelf life??

should i return and ask for a bottle from a current production run/lot...

Comment

Originally posted by lamfactor View Post

Edited - 10:45PM
            I'm sorry if I might have upset the moderators
            This thread didnt show up the when i posted it so i reposted it in the Detailing 101 section...

Newbie mistake....

Oops here are the pictures

It is actually an automated feature when new members post links or pictures it automatically requires moderator approval. It is one way we strive to keep things that do not belong on MOL, off of MOL.

That said, in the future, please read the message that pops up when you post as it tells you that your message is awaiting approval.

Thanks

Mark

Comment

If the consistency seems bad, return it, or contact Meguiar's for help.

Comment

Originally posted by lamfactor View Post
                Looks like I just got an old bottle...strange though Im curious how long my bottle has been sitting on the distributors shelf for..

weird question but...
                any concerns with shelf life??

should i return and ask for a bottle from a current production run/lot...
                You are correct...Just an older label. Keep in mind though, the formula has not changed on that product since its launch.

It should be good still as long as it has not been frozen. You will be able to know as soon as you open it if it is still good. As long as it looks creamy and rich you are good to go.

Mike Pennington
                Director of Global Training, Events and Consumer Relations
                Meguiar's, Inc.
                800-854-8073
                mpennington@meguiars.com

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');