• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

#9 swirl remover and new paint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #9 swirl remover and new paint

I'm sure this has been answered elsewhere but I can't find it. Is #9 swirl remover OK to use on a new cars paint. I'de like to use it before NXT wax for a better finish but I wonder if I should use something more gentle. Any recomendations? Thanks for the great site.

I think #7 is designed especially for new car finishes. I don't think #9 will hurt anything though, it's a mild polish combined with some fillers.

Comment

Re: #9 swirl remover and new paint

Originally posted by AKA Joe
      I'm sure this has been answered elsewhere but I can't find it. Is #9 swirl remover OK to use on a new cars paint. I'd like to use it before NXT wax for a better finish but I wonder if I should use something more gentle. Any recommendations? Thanks for the great site.
      Just to add onto what travisdecpn posted,

#9 Swirl Remover is a very gentle cleaner/polish, the only product more gentle that #9 SR 2.0 that still offers some cleaning ability would be Deep Crystal Paint Cleaner which is a chemical cleaner only, while the #9 SR 2.0 contains a diminishing abrasive. If you were to feel some #9 Swirl Remover 2.0 between you fingers you would thing you were applying Jergens hand lotion is so rich and creamy.

#9 is completely safe to use by hand or machine on a new car, or on new paint, (as in freshly sprayed paint).

Remove with a premium quality microfiber polishing cloth and go right to wax.

Hope this helps...

Mike
      Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

I would think it would depend on your goal. If your goal is to lessen any existing swirls or to clean the paint in any way I would use #9. If your goal is simply to polish and add more depth and gloss to the paint I would suggest a pure polish such as #81.

Good luck!

Chris
        Chris

"Once a Meguiar's user...always a Meguiar's user!"

1994 Accord

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');