• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Developing a system..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Developing a system..

Hello All, great forum here

I am looking into getting a system setup to get a small detailing biz going.

Won't be a whole lot of cars per month, probably under 5 or less.

I will be doing it both with my PC 7424 and my friends Makita 9227.

Below is a list of Polish's I've picked out that I'd like to use.

Now, the questions I have are:
    If I use 105, follow it up with 205, is there a need to jewel it further? If I should desire to, what could I use as a super fine polish for those cars I really want to go the extra mile on such as my own which won't need 105 but I'd really like to make it pop.

When using 83, is it more abrasive than 205? could I use 205 as the next step before applying sealant, then topping with a carnuba?

Would 09 work for this, or is there something finer i could use to take out the 3000 grit imperfections, for a perfect correction?

Re: Developing a system..

I dont think 83 would be needed.

If you wanted to follow up the #205, you would be looking at a pure polish like #7.

You are planning to wet-sand as well?
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

M205 with a finishing pad will Jewel, or "finish" the paint down perfectly.

I agree that you probably don't need M83. M105 on a polishing pad will cut better and finish off just as good IMO.
      Rasky's Auto Detailing

Comment

Originally posted by cashishift View Post
        Now, the questions I have are:
        If I use 105, follow it up with 205, is there a need to jewel it further?
        M205 is your jeweling or finishing polish.

When using 83, is it more abrasive than 205?
        Check out this thread,
        Aggressiveness Order for New Consumer Products - This will surprise you!

Most aggressive to least aggressive -->

could I use 205 as the next step before applying sealant, then topping with a Carnauba?
        Using good technique you can,
        M105 - Rotary, DA or Hand
        M205 - Rotary, DA or Hand
        Finishing Wax - DA or Hand

If you use a rotary for M105 then you should be able to remove any swirls left by this process using M205 with a DA, and this should be the goal, that is the last machine polishing step should be with a DA Polisher and a fine cleaner/polish like M205. After this you can go straight to wax.

Would 09 work for this, or is there something finer i could use to take out the 3000 grit imperfections, for a perfect correction?
        Use M105 to remove #1200 to #3000 grit sanding marks, then remove any swirls with M205 and then go to wax.

Try to keep your system simple and minimized. If you use good technique you'll get great customer pleasing results and maximize your profit per hour.

Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Originally posted by RaskyR1 View Post
          M205 with a finishing pad will Jewel, or "finish" the paint down perferctly.
          Beat me to it...

Mike Phillips
          760-515-0444
          showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

so on heavily swirled cars, i could really go from 105, to 205, slap some sealant on, then wax and be done.

VERRRRY interesting.

and since 83 seems to finish out so well.. it might be a one stepper for lightly swirled cars where i am not going to spend alot of time on them but wanna do a lil correction.

Comment

so on heavily swirled cars, i could really go from 105, to 205, slap some sealant on, then wax and be done.

VERRRRY interesting.

and since 83 seems to finish out so well.. it might be a one stepper for lightly swirled cars where i am not going to spend alot of time on them but wanna do a lil correction.
              D151 is a good 1 stepper.
              Rasky's Auto Detailing

Comment

Plus a wax as M83 is water soluble and was never designed to leave behind any type of protection on the surface.

Or as Rasky posted, for a good one-step product that will clean, polish and protect in one step then use D151 Correction Creme or M66 Cleaner/Wax. D151 uses Super Micro Abrasive Technology and M66 uses Diminishing Abrasives.

Mike Phillips
                760-515-0444
                showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');