• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

polishes' packaging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• polishes' packaging

Hi all,

I'm wondering when did the M series switch packaging from

to this
    ?

I've recently obtained some what seems like the older packaging(the 1st pix) products here in Taiwan.
    I just want to know approximately how long ago these were made.
    Is there a shelf life for these ?
    Or is it like an export version?

Thanks in advance!

Re: polishes' packaging

The label for M81 Hand Polish was only recently updated to the second picture label design of the second picture.

As long as the product has not frozen and has a uniform appearance and consistency when you pour it out it's perfectly fine to use.

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Thanks Mike,

How about M80 and M83?
      These are the ones I bought, I just couldn't find the older label pictures online.

I guess all I need to worry about is checking the consistency, which seems ok from what I can tell. I was just worried about them having less shelf life

Comment

Originally posted by jooccord View Post
        Thanks Mike,

How about M80 and M83?
        These are the ones I bought, I just couldn't find the older label pictures online.
        If the bottle of M80 and M83 look like the bottle of M81 you posted, this one,

then this is the early label and this product is older, I'd have to track down when the label design was made but it's been over 5 years for sure.

Originally posted by jooccord View Post
        I guess all I need to worry about is checking the consistency, which seems ok from what I can tell. I was just worried about them having less shelf life

Correct. Shake the products up well and then check their appearance and consistency, as long as it has a uniform appearance and consistency it's likely just fine to use.

For what it's worth, I had to shake this bottle of M04 for a few minutes but it mixed up just fine and worked just fine.

MGH-4 Hand Cleaner - Still Good After All These Years!

Lots of people will join our forum and ask the question,

What's the shelf life of Meguiar's products?

The official answer is 3-5 years as long as the product hasn't frozen. That said, if the product has never frozen it's possible you can shake it up and if it still has a uniform appearance and consistency it's probably perfectly fine to use. Such is the case for this old glass bottle of MGH-4

Here a few pics...

A protective plastic wrap was placed on the paint to protect it while the car was transported from the East Coast to Palm Springs, California. After the plastic wrap was removed it was discovered that the paint had been mottled or stained after moisture got underneath the plastic.

From the front of the roof

"You never know what you can do until you try"

Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

That's amazing,in the states can you find old Meguiars wax and polishes like the one you have there Mike.
          Thanks
          Ken
          1996 Lexus LS400

Comment

Originally posted by kenmac View Post
            That's amazing,in the states can you find old Meguiars wax and polishes like the one you have there Mike.
            Wal-Mart, you can get everything as Wal-Mart!
            Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
            Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Originally posted by gb387 View Post
              Wal-Mart, you can get everything as Wal-Mart!
              Thanks but I sort of meant early original bottles.
              Thanks
              Ken
              1996 Lexus LS400

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post
                The official answer is 3-5 years as long as the product hasn't frozen. That said, if the product has never frozen it's possible you can shake it up and if it still has a uniform appearance and consistency it's probably perfectly fine to use. Such is the case for this old glass bottle of MGH-4
                That's what I'm looking for. thanks Mike !

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');