• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Medalliion Pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Medalliion Pics

I thought I forwarded the pics to myself at work, but they did not make it. So I will have to link to my pics in a thread on another website. And I only have a Video camera that takes stills, so the quality is not real good. Sorry.

Anyway, this is how the car looks after 2 coats of Medallion Premium Wax. Whatcha think? Should I leave it alone, or add a top coat of #26 yellow wax or _____?

An online community for late model GM V8 engine performance enthusiasts.

Notes - first I clay barred the car, and then polished the car with 2-3 coats of Menzerna polish, & then 1 coat of Medallion Paint Cleaner using a Porter Cable, and I am using blue pearl microfiber towels.

Edited by Lynn Phillips - Admin.
    I took the liberty of uploading your photos to your Gallery, hope you don't mind.

2000 Red Trans Am WS6
    Drag, show & open road

Looks Good!

As far as doing another step, it looks good but why not try a some NXT?

Just a suggestion...

Lynn
    Lynn Matthews

Comment

Car looks good. Like I said on ls1tech, try some NXT. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised! Looks killer on red.

Comment

Your Camaro lookd GREAT PendragonZ! Does NXT really look better than Medallion? Also, isn't topping NXT a requirement to make it last? So wouldn't I end up with a coat of #26 that way for sure? Not being a smart-a$$, just asking.....
        Last edited by WAHUSKER; Sep 20, 2004, 11:00 AM.
        2000 Red Trans Am WS6
        Drag, show & open road

Comment

Originally posted by WAHUSKER
          Does NXT look better than Medallion? Also, isn't topping NXT a requirement to make it last? So wouldn't I end up with a coat of #26 that way for sure? Not being a smart-a$$, just asking.....
          Although Medallion and #26 are great protectants, I suggested NXT is because it offers the ultimate rich deep gloss.

with PendragonZ, I think you will be pleasantly surprised.

Lynn
          Lynn Matthews

Comment

I've had two coats of NXT on my car for 2+ months, and still looks and protects awesome. (well, if you call beading protection, beads just like when it was freshly waxxed)

Comment

NXT on RED!

This Vette has never looked so good.

Comment

A question here. Wouldn't it be be better to apply Medallion paint cleaner first before Menzerna Polish? I have no idea if Mezerna has cleaning properties. As I am thinking that the Medallion Paint cleaner might remove whatever Mezerna polish that was applied prior to it.

Comment

The WS6 looks great! I used MPPP on my black 01 WS6 until NXT came along. When I fist got my NXT, I applied it right over the MPPP which was 2 months old. It looked great!

I do agree that the NXT will provide a little bit more depth and gloss than the MPPP. Plus it is easier to use. I would also say that the difference between NXT and MPPP may be more noticeable on red. I say that because NXT improves the depth and gloss on other colors (non-black) better than any other wax or sealant I've seen.

As far as durability, I currently have NXT and MPPP side by side on the hood of my Impulse Blue GTO. I have had them on there (without any booster) for about 3 months and the NXT is hanging right in there with MPPP. The NXT does do a better job or filling swirls.

I would recommend trying NXT next time. Apply 2 coats with at least 24 hrs between coats. Then use the Spray Booster Wax every month or two. I would use Last Touch for my QD too. The combination is unbeatable!

When I see those pictures I miss my WS6! I am still very happy with my GTO though. The GTO has the power, ride and handling, but not that aggressive look of the WS6. The GTO is quite a bit easier to detail though without all those nooks and crannies.

RamAirV1
                  2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack 392Granite Crystal
                  2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

MPPP

BTW, you should definitley use the MPPC before the Menzerna polish. Most likely the MPPC removed all the polish. Still looks great though. When used with a PC, MPPC is one step below DACP in cleaning ability. If I am removing swirls or light scratches, I usually start with MPPC with the PC.

RamAirV1
                    2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack 392Granite Crystal
                    2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

WAHUSKER, I want your car soo bad. Those Ws6's in my opinion are the most beautiful cars . Looks Excellent
                      Nothing but the best, That's why I use Meguiar's.
                      1996 Lincoln Mark VIII LSC Dark Baltic Blue
                      4.6 32 Valve DOHC V8

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');