• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Product Question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Product Question.

First i want to say thanks i have been a long time lurker but never registered. Always found info that was needed. But that is not the case today,

Was wondering about Machine glaze 3 product and if it is a polish or a filler. Seems to be taking the swirls away but it doesnt seem that i am working the surface long enough to acheive these results. I have done some parts with the medium cut and followed a test panel with the fine cut to remove swirls then swapped to the machine glaze and the results were good. So i went to a panel that i had only done the medium cut and results were also good is why i am asking if the machine glaze has filling properties.
    Also i am using a dewalt 849 set at 1000 while using part 3. I know there is a chart somewhere about what speeds but i cant seem to find it now.
    Thanks in advance

Mike

Re: Product Question.

Hello and welcome to mol.
    quality creates its own demand

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by hondaf4 View Post
        First i want to say thanks i have been a long time lurker but never registered. Always found info that was needed. But that is not the case today,

Was wondering about Machine glaze 3 product and if it is a polish or a filler. Seems to be taking the swirls away but it doesn't seem that i am working the surface long enough to achieve these results. I have done some parts with the medium cut and followed a test panel with the fine cut to remove swirls then swapped to the machine glaze and the results were good. So i went to a panel that i had only done the medium cut and results were also good is why i am asking if the machine glaze has filling properties.
        Also i am using a DeWalt 849 set at 1000 while using part 3. I know there is a chart somewhere about what speeds but i cant seem to find it now.
        Thanks in advance

Mike
        M03 Machine Glaze is a pure polish, that means it's non-abrasive. It's very rich in polishing oils so it could be filling to some degree. This is a water soluble product, take a look at what line it's in? (Body Shop), so it contains NO protection ingredients or another way of saying this is that it contains no ingredients designed to protect which are usually insoluble.

You're using some old school products?

What are you working on?

It could be you will get better results moving up to some of our new technology?

Also, what kind of pads are you using? Just the fibers alone that make up a wool pad will put their own scratch into paint so it's pretty hard to create a swirl free finish if your finishing with something that's also instilling scratches regardless of the chemical you're using?

Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Originally posted by hondaf4 View Post

So i went to a panel that i had only done the medium cut and results were also good is why i am asking if the machine glaze has filling properties.
          Also i am using a dewalt 849 set at 1000 while using part 3.
          M01 Medium Cut Cleaner

M03 Machine Glaze

What are you working on?
          A car?
          A piano?
          A boat?
          A shower stall?
          A helicopter window?
          A Honda?

M01 and M03 has been used on all of the above in the last 80 to 90 years, or 8 to 9 decades...

M105 is a brand new product that cuts faster and leaves a much better finish than M01 Medium Cut Cleaner.
          Mike Phillips
          760-515-0444
          showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

yeah i know that its some old product i actuall mixed the med and fine together to get a workable product the med was seprated and couldnt get it to mix right. Products new also well just bought anyways. I am working on an 2006 infiniti. that had not been taken care of by previos owner. this is what i have done so far.

! washe with GC 2 bucket.
            2 Clayed with aggressive where need and mild where not.
            3. Med Cut with white/ red wool not entire though. Just where needed.
            4. Tryed a test panel after med cut with the fine cut Marron pad and moved to yellow with the machine glaze.

Comment

Yeah that is exactely what i am using. The medium cut had the consistency of rotten milk. but did great when mixing with the fine cut so no worries there. It removed the deep scratched i was most concerned about.

Comment

If thse products are so old school, why aren't more of the Professional Line products with new technology made available at parts stores like O'Reillys, which I can go into and buy M01 or M03?

Comment

Originally posted by sudsbyhubbs View Post
                  If thse products are so old school, why aren't more of the Professional Line products with new technology made available at parts stores like O'Reillys, which I can go into and buy M01 or M03?
                  I agree there which is the reason that is what i have. But they are doing the job just had some questions.

Comment

It's really hard to get a 100% swirl free finish using a rotary buffer with a wool pad and any product so here's some suggestions.

Invest in some new products, your description of the product you have establishes they're no longer useful and since we don't recommend mixing our product to try to make old/bad product work it's really time for some new products.

Not sure what your goal is for the end results but it's not a good idea to expect to achieve a swirl free finish using only a rotary buffer. Most people would start wit a rotary buffer but do their finishing steps with a Dual Action Polisher.

Another option if you don't want to buy a DA Polisher would be purchase some M105, put the rotary away and re-do all the panels you've buffed using the M105 by hand.
                    Mike Phillips
                    760-515-0444
                    showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');