• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Regular Megs APC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regular Megs APC

I know alot of guys have said they like to use APC+ when doing carpets because it foams less. Are there any uses where the traditional APC is a better product than APC+. The reason I ask is because I am just about out of my old APC and want to give one of Meg's APC's a shot but I am not sure which. I probably won't be using the APC on my carpets since I have a gallon of carpet cleaner so I am wondering if I would be better off with the traditional Megs APC. I will be using the APC for tasks such as cleaning wheels and tires, cleaning buffer pads and applicators, cleaning the interior dash, spraying the car down before a wash when it gets really dirty, etc.. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Re: Regular Megs APC

No great amount of information from me, but....
    1. The old APC+ was one of my favorite products for just about any cleaning I needed to do. One thing that influenced my decision to purchase it several years ago was the fact that it contained fabric brighteners and softeners. I do think they help with keeping upholstery and carpets softer after cleaning.
    2. The new APC seems to be the replacement for that product and it also seems to perform very similarly. I can't tell the difference. I use it mixed about 8 or 10 parts of water to 1 part of APC for carpet, upholstery, and vinyl. I think it would be OK for leather at that mix, but I use a dedicated leather cleaner just for the comfort level. My use has been only on reasonably well kept vehicles so you may need/want a stronger solution.
    3. The new APC+ seems to be modified, (low suds), for use with extractors. Since I don't use an extractor, that characteristic isn't needed. I have never used the new APC+.
    4. I have never noticed any real suds when using either the original APC+ or today's APC.
    5. ADS has 32 oz. samples of both of the current products so it would be pretty easy and economical to try both products and see which you prefer.
    Charles
    The Rainmaker

Comment

Thanks for the reply CharlesW

Comment

The APC+ also has a degreaser, which could be helpfull if you like doing engines.

Using a foaming sprayer with APC will give a bit of a foam, so it will stay where you spray it a bit, which I find helpfull in wheelwells, etc, so it stays put till I gut my brush there.
        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Murr1525 View Post
          The APC+ also has a degreaser, which could be helpfull if you like doing engines.

Using a foaming sprayer with APC will give a bit of a foam, so it will stay where you spray it a bit, which I find helpfull in wheelwells, etc, so it stays put till I gut my brush there.
          Good point.
          The degreaser part was something I hadn't noticed being different in the new products. The original APC+ was suggested for engine cleaning, but the new APC isn't. I rarely have to clean any greasy engine compartments and it had never been of any concern to me.
          I did use a foaming spray nozzle for a short time, but since I didn't use the product on tires, wheel wells or engines, there didn't seem to be much benefit in having the foam. I found I definitely preferred a regular sprayer for use on carpets, upholstery, and vinyl. I also tried different dilution ratios as well and the 8 or 10 to one seemed to work for everything I was cleaning. One bottle to do it all is pretty handy. It's still one of my favorite products.
          Charles
          The Rainmaker

Comment

Yeah, I eyeball about 7-8:1 and use it for everything.

Comment

So it would seem I should go with Megs APC+ rather than Megs APC based upon the responses.

Comment

Well, you can either choose foaming, or choose non-foaming with a mild degreaser.

Whichever fits your needs, I am sure youll be happy.

There is also the possibility of ordering a sample size of each from ADS....

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');