• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M83 Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M83 Questions

Hi I am a newbie to the forum and relativly new to using some of these products.

I went to machine polish my wife's car today. I used th M83 with the soft buffing pad recomended by Meguiars. The M83 seemed difficult to remove. What may be causing this? Too much product or not enough speed with the machine? When I started my pads ended up turning dark grey. I quickly found out that my father in law put a really thick coat of carnuba on it. I used some wax remover but the M83 was still hard to remove.

One other question. Can I use a random orbital when working with M83 or is it better to go with a high speed?

Re: M83 Questions

Could this be micro maring? What does it look like?

Comment

Originally posted by p4photo View Post

When I started my pads ended up turning dark grey.
      What are you working on?

Have you read this?

If you're moving up to machine polishing, be sure to read the below thread before starting...
      Tips & Techniques for using the G110, G100, G220 and the PC Dual Action Polisher
      (These are all similar tools)

If you're new to machine polishing, M80 is a lot easier to use than M83, be sure you're only working small areas at at time about 20' square or so and clean your pad often, as in at least every other application of product.

Cleaning Your Pad On The Fly

The above articles are posted in our "Information Station" which has tons of good information...

Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

I am working on a White 2000 Accord. I have not read that article yet. Thank you for your help.

Comment

Did you clay the vehicle first? This could have been why you were having difficulty removing the M83. Prep is the key. If you did clay there shouldn't have been any wax on the vehicle.

Andy
          Keeping MOL family friendly! If you need help or have a question, don't hesitate to shoot me an email or PM. 101impala@gmail.com
          Andy M. Moderator

Comment

Yes, I did clay the car before I used the M83. I did notice when I started, the hood really looked like it was light grey rather than white. At first I thought it was just oxidation, but the polishing pads kept coming up dark grey as well. Thats when I started using the wax remover before I went any further.

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');