• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

vinyl cleaner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vinyl cleaner

I just bought a bottle of the #40 Rubber & Vinyl Cleaner. I tried it out last night on my own car and was pretty happy with it. I thought it did a fantastic job of cleaning spots with very little effort and it also has a really good shine. My only concerns are the things I noticed today. It's kind of sticky and leaves behind a distinct smell. The smell I don't mind, but I'm thinking about the people who's cars I clean. What if they don't like the smell? After I let it sit for a few minutes last night I wiped off any excess. So, should it be that sticky?

Re: vinyl cleaner

I certainly like to wipe off excess dressing after about 5 minutes....
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

I've never had any issues with #40 being sticky. I've been using it for years now. You can allow it to sit a few minutes like Mur1525 suggested then wipe off the excess.

Comment

Never had mine be sticky either. I like the smell, it has a just cleaned fragrance.

Comment

yeah, i like the smell too. it's been really rainy here lately, so i wonder if the moisture has anything to do with it.

Comment

Maybe the vinyl needs to be cleaned a bit better before M40 is applied? M39 or APC.

Comment

Try cleaning your vinyl again. Then reapply the #40.
              quality creates its own demand

Comment

isn't this supposed to be a cleaner?

Comment

The cleaners in #40 are not as strong as the ones in #39. Clean it with #39 and then dress it. The stickiness is from some other dressing residue or residue from dirt. I use #39 around the house too. It works wonders on appliance white appliance handles.

Comment

that's kind of what i was hoping to avoid, a two step process.

Comment

You should only need the two step process once as long as you keep up with the interior. Just give it one good cleaning and then maintain afterwards.

Andy
                      Keeping MOL family friendly! If you need help or have a question, don't hesitate to shoot me an email or PM. 101impala@gmail.com
                      Andy M. Moderator

Comment

i don't care to do it on my own car like that. i'm thinking more along the lines of customer cars. i'm used to doing two steps anyways, but when i found out about #40, i was hoping to eliminate the first step and save a little time.

Comment

M40 offers some pretty good cleaning ability, it's kind of a simple approach but when you want to focus on some cleaning ability, use a cotton wash rag or a piece of terry cloth and let the nap, (little cotton loops), help clean the surface and work the M40's cleaners into the vinyl.

After working the product wipe off the excess.

For really dirty or grungy vinyl apply a second time using a clean terry cloth.

You can actually repeat this process until your cloth remains clean after working the product.

Mike Phillips
                          760-515-0444
                          showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');