• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

151 Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 151 Questions

I'm going to be doing a 2006 White BMW 530xi today and I was hoping to try #151 with my G110, but had some questions about pads and procedure.

I know it has pretty good cutting ability and can be used as an LSP (all in one), but I had some questions.

I was thinking about using it with an 8006 pad, speeding setting 5, followed by it with a 9006 pad at speed setting 4. Would that be okay? (I mean I know I'll have to test it to make sure it is actually working - but I want to know if that is a good start?)

Also, I see that many like to top it with NXT 2.0 and I wanted to know if there is any downside to doing this? I plan to do that as well, so if I do, is worth just dropping the second step above?

Thanks.
    ----------------------------------

3Fitty - Now recommending products I have never used.

Re: 151 Questions

Originally posted by 3Fitty View Post
    I was thinking about using it with an 8006 pad, speeding setting 5, followed by it with a 9006 pad at speed setting 4. Would that be okay?
    Yes you can, I've done it myself for that extra refinement.
    Following it with the W9006 @ speed setting 4 will give the surface more clarity and gloss but again a test spot will give the results and you'll decide.

I quote this some Tim's review on D151
    I did try it with both polishing and finishing pads. In most cases, it polished out so well with the W-8006 Polishing Pad, I really did not need to follow it with the W-9006 Finishing Pad, though I did as I wanted to see just how fine the product would polished down to...and I was amazed!

Originally posted by 3Fitty View Post
    Also, I see that many like to top it with NXT 2.0 and I wanted to know if there is any downside to doing this?
    You'll have no issues at all.Meguiar's products are designed to work together, so you can top D151 with any Meguiar's wax or sealant. In your case NXT 2.0
    Last edited by yalerd; Sep 1, 2008, 06:26 AM. Reason: bad quote

Comment

Thanks Francis. I took your advice and the car came out amazing. Sorry no pics, because my friend and I were getting grief for losing his 2 year old (we eventually found her - LOL).
      ----------------------------------

3Fitty - Now recommending products I have never used.

Comment

I have used 151 only 1 time so far. On my sisters white 07 Mazda 6. I used my PC and LC 5.5" pads. The white polishing pad was working ok in the test panel, I then went and tried the oranage cutting pad and man this was a great combo. Removed the swirls and scratches, more then I was thinking an AIO could and left the paint looking great. I spread the product on spead 3, worked in on speed 5, some panels I bumped up to speed 6 just for a couple passes.

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');