• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would you use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would you use?

I know there has been a lot of talk on here about exterior trim products but... On a Honda CRV and a Honda Element what would you use on the plastic bumpers? The CRV is a black color and the Element more of a gray. I was thinking of All Season Dressing?

Re: What would you use?

Originally posted by Sal329 View Post
    I know there has been a lot of talk on here about exterior trim products but... On a Honda CRV and a Honda Element what would you use on the plastic bumpers? The CRV is a black color and the Element more of a gray. I was thinking of All Season Dressing?
    Sal329,

On the plastic trim that is on bumpers and lower cladding I would use the ASD. I have used it on my wife's expedition that has plastic panels that are about 12 inches high on the lower edges of her truck with great results. I usually do two coats. The first coat I wipe on and let set to penetrate into the plastic some, once this has appeared to have dried I will apply another coat and either let it dry as is for a high gloss shine or buff off the left over dressing for more of a natural finish. The look also tends to last for a good while.

Andrew
    2013 Race Red F-150 SCREW

Comment

I like ASD also...
      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Sounds good ordering a gallon thanks guys

Comment

You will be glad that you did. Great product.
          quality creates its own demand

Comment

Ok picked up a gallon locally, also got nxt metal polysh, foam applicator pads and some #80. Going back soon for some Degreaser, APC and 151 when they call.

Comment

Another question. Can I spray the ASD on the bumper or trim with a sprayer then dpread with a foam pad? Or shoud I pour some in a smaller bottle with a flip top and put a small, quarter or dime size drop on a foam pad then apply to the trim?

Comment

I just got ASD and I spray on a yellow applicator pad and spread it on my trim/mirrors etc. A little goes a long way! I haven't tried it on my Yukon with plastic on top of the bumper, I plan on doing the same so I don't spray it all over the place

I also use Trim Detailer, it too works great (haven't tried the aerosol can yet). I've used M40 in the past, it worked great just didn't last as long on the exterior plastics as trim detailer or ASD has.
                Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Comment

I have used Gold Class Trim Detailer w/ mixed results. I think the aerosol Exterior Trim Detailer works better. I've also liked Stoner Trim Shine.
                  2011 Ford Mustang GT Cali Special
                  2012 Kia Sorento EX

Comment

I hate the term dressing. In a drunken stuper I started to detail the spoiler on my 928 with hidden valley.....didn't turn out so good.

Comment

Grab a tube of ScratchX in error instead of toothpaste! LOL.

On a side note, may try the aerosol trim detailer although I have bad evening winds and the foam may just blow off of the car.....
                      Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');