• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the Meguiars recommended product for door jams?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the Meguiars recommended product for door jams?

APC, or safe degreaser? I want a product that is safe for painted surfaces that I can spray into door jams, allow to dwell, then rinse. I use to use citrigel for this, but it is no longer available. I have since used APC 10:1, but want to hear the officiaL recommendation. TIA

Re: What is the Meguiars recommended product for door jams?

I use APC 10:1. Hasnt hurt a thing on my car.

Comment

Since I wash my car very often and my door jambs don't get too dirty, I use some #34 Final Inspection or some Quick Detailer to give them a quick wipe.
      '96 Honda Prelude

www.vbautodetailing.com

Comment

Would still like to hear the official word. This would be for detailing other people's vehciles where the door jams, etc have not been maintained.

BUMP

Comment

Still not 'official' but I use a quik detailer and then apply a coat of cleaner wax by hand.
          Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
          Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Re: What is the Meguiar's recommended product for door jams?

I wash my door jambs with GC Wash and then use NXT Tech Wax for protection.
            2016 Focus ST

Comment

It's Speed Detailer here

Bryan

Comment

I just wash door jambs with "soapy solution" (NXT) and then protect them with a coat of wax.

Relatively clean ones are treated with Last touch or m34 and protected afterwards with some wax. If you clean around the hinges too, don't forget to lubricate them
                showroomglaze.net

Comment

Guys, if I was doing my own cars, I wouldn't have a problem, they are sealed so I just wipe them out at every wash with a MF.

This is for other people's neglected jams, etc. When prepping a car I like to spray a diluted, paint safe product into the door jams while I am cleaning the wheels, after cleaning the wheels, I then pressure wash the entire side of the car, including the door jams. This saves me a lot of time.

I just wanted to hear what product Meguiars recommends as a paint safe APC that can be used on painted surfaces. I guess I will just call customer service and roll the dice.

Thanks guys.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');