• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

#9 vs. #82?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #9 vs. #82?

What's the difference between #9 and #82?

Here's what I know:

#9 can be hand applied or machine applied
    #82 can only be machine applied and has no silicone for body shop environments

I read over at the Autopia fourm that someone called Meguiar's customer service and they were told the two products are the same stuff. (?)

Is one more agressive than the other? When would you use each other than the points made above?

Thanks!
    A great finish begins with the right start!

I need to make the answer to this one a Sticky me thinks.

Along with What's the difference between Quik Detailer and Final Inspection?

These two products are not the same. M-82 is a little more aggressive than M-09

Mike
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Thanks Mike!

So similar, but not the same as the points I previously posted and you answered the agressiveness question. Thanks!

It's nice to have choices!

Comment

#9 is also body shop safe...well #9 2.0 is anyway

Comment

Didn't know that. Thanks. I sort of wanted to stay in the Body Shop line, but being a new car, I want to use the least aggressive product as the finish is in top shape and only a few minor hairline scratches from normal washing, driving, etc.

Comment

Hey,

Both Meguiar's #82 Swirl Free Polish and #9 Swirl Remover are Body Shop safe. And as Mike said, the #82 is slightly more aggressive than the #9.

Tim
            Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

I think #82 has a better gloss to it than #9, IMO.
              r. b.

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');