• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Paint Protect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Paint Protect - 365 Day Durability

Originally posted by The Guz View Post
    That's sad to hear. Brake Dust Barrier is a very good product and very durable. It had it's quirks. Although D156 is easy to use and can be used after every car wash. Based on the MSDS it can survive the high temps generated from that area. It worked well on wheels when I was using it prior to the coating I am now using.

Ultimate Polish is still available. I see it locally all the time. In my honest opinion just use 365 as a stand alone product as it was intended to take full advantage of it's properties. That's what I have done as I am testing it out. If you top it, you have essentially changed the surface tension to that of the topper. If you are looking for gloss then polish prior to applying as 365 will not add shine or gloss. If your car is light in color there is no difference in appearance from 365, M21 or UW to the naked eye.
    I have a 2002 Rodeo It's black..paint has high gloss..I would assume that Mirror glaze is better than Ultimate polish..Does 365 replace wax or can you still wax and then 365..

Comment

It's not about being better. Each line is targeted to a specific market. 365 is another paint protection product. It would be used in place of any wax. It's designed to be a stand alone product. If you put it over a wax it could change the longevity of it since it's not bonding to the paint but rather on top of something else. So you may not see it last the 52+ washes. If you put a wax over it, then you don't see the water beading effects of it. You see the water beading or sheeting of whatever product is applied on top. Think of it this way. 365 is meant to be used by someone who doesn't have the time to wax their vehicle multiple times a year. One would apply this and then maintain with just a normal wash.

The gloss comes from polishing and not by a wax or sealant (synthetic wax). The wax or sealant is meant to protect the work one has done. Now a wax or sealant can change the appearance of the painted surface. 365 will not alter the appearance.
      99 Grand Prix
      02 Camaro SS

Comment

As far as polish goes..Mirror glaze or Ultimate polish..I know Mirror glaze is on the professional level...

Comment

Can't go wrong with either one. The main difference is that M205 has more correcting power where as UP has more polishing oils. For me personally it would be M205.
          99 Grand Prix
          02 Camaro SS

Comment

Thank's Guz...that was my thought to..I haven't been on here in a couple years so I'm getting back into the swing of things..

Comment

Originally posted by Hernandez.Art13 View Post
              Cellphone shots

^ Just cleaned it up with D114

^ I didn't clay, polish or anything, just did a waterless wash and put paint protect on on the side view mirror.
              Wow. Is that just the lighting / flash in the pic, or did PP365 really shine and darken the appearance of the mirror that much?

If so, there goes the theory that it doesn't impart shine or alter the appearance!!

Love the story about getting it on your sweater btw
              Originally posted by Blueline
              I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

No, I made sure that the flash was used both times while taking the pictures. So the picture conditions were the same in both pictures posted above. The darkening effect was in fact from the paint protect.

Comment

It won't last that long. It's mostly the carrier oils in it.
                  99 Grand Prix
                  02 Camaro SS

Comment

Some more Paint Protect usage today. I also transferred some in a small pray bottle I bought at Target for about $1 to see if it would work and in fact it did work and worked really well too. I just sprayed some on a yellow foam applicator pad.

Steps:

1. D114 WW the headlights

2. 1500 sanding grit by hand

3. Rotary buff out the sanding marks with M100 and wool pad

4.Rotary Polished with a foam polishing pad and M205

5. Sealed with Paint Protect.

It's my car so if anything doesn't work out, I'll just do it again, because I am not sure paint protect can in fact be used on headlights. I am really liking this stuff. Looks like it's going to be a great choice when I go off and do 2 step or 3 step jobs on my customer's cars. For 1 step I just use D151.

^ Headlights before any detail work was done to them

^1500 grit sanding

^Compounded, polished and Sealed

^ I applied it to my headlights this way. Meaning, transferred some liquid to a small bottle and sprayed on the applicator pad. Not directly to the headlights.

Comment

Where have you been hiding?
                      99 Grand Prix
                      02 Camaro SS

Comment

Where have you been hiding?
                        I know right, I am still detailing like always. However, I have not had time to head over to Meguiar's HQ's for TNOG, since I have been in school full time. I took 6 classes this semester. Great thing is that only 3 more weeks left and I'm done with this semester. Then 2 week vacation and back I go. I am going to Meguiar's 101 tomorrow. I figured I'll swing by and say hi and get to check out what's going on there.

Comment

Just out of curiosity how critical is the curing time? For example lets say I apply and lightly buff an hour.before a rain shower, will that have any negative effect?
                          2011 F150 5.0L 4x4

Comment

That's sad to hear. Brake Dust Barrier is a very good product and very durable. It had it's quirks. Although D156 is easy to use and can be used after every car wash. Based on the MSDS it can survive the high temps generated from that area. It worked well on wheels when I was using it prior to the coating I am now using.

Ultimate Polish is still available. I see it locally all the time. In my honest opinion just use 365 as a stand alone product as it was intended to take full advantage of it's properties. That's what I have done as I am testing it out. If you top it, you have essentially changed the surface tension to that of the topper. If you are looking for gloss then polish prior to applying as 365 will not add shine or gloss. If your car is light in color there is no difference in appearance from 365, M21 or UW to the naked eye.
                            I've used Ultimate Polish on occasion and it really brings out the pop affect in darker paints. Because of the high content of polishing oils In UP would you want to do an IPA wipe down afterwards and prior to using 365 PP or apply the 365 right over the top of UP?
                            2019 Ford F-150 XLT SPORT 4X4 Ecoboost

Comment

Originally posted by fordf150 View Post
                              I've used Ultimate Polish on occasion and it really brings out the pop affect in darker paints. Because of the high content of polishing oils In UP would you want to do an IPA wipe down afterwards and prior to using 365 PP or apply the 365 right over the top of UP?
                              That's completely up to the user. All of Meguiar's products are intended to work with each other.
                              99 Grand Prix
                              02 Camaro SS

Comment

That's completely up to the user. All of Meguiar's products are intended to work with each other.
                                Ive been told BY MEGUIARS, not necessary..

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');