• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ultimate Wax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ultimate Wax

Originally posted by THERAPY View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uzp3k8Qx6VI&NR=1
    watched the video .. honestly? result was impressed. but I can not understand one thing, this company does an outstanding do not stand out, for example, Russia is recognized as the cheap brand (or in other words, outsiders) like?! like, tell me to get this result?? I will not believe ever. if they are not poured Meguiar`s into a bottle for a commercial product)))) and note that the application! principle the, interested in such a moment: is it possible to apply the UQW?

Total propaganda....

Comment

My wife and I washed and waxed her crimson black car this past weekend. We washed with Super Soap and dried both with an Absorber and a Waffle Weave. I cleaned the finish with ColorX, while she took care of the door jambs with Ultimate Quik Wax and the windows with Meg glass cleaner. I followed up the ColorX with Ultimate Liquid Wax using a small black Lake Country pad running at speed 3 on a Porter Cable in the open areas and used a foam applicator in the tight areas. To speed up the process she help buff off, so she checked her watch and followed up each section five minutes later buffing off the UW with a couple of Supreme Shines.

When done, we moved the car out of the poorly lit garage into the sun. We had a few streaks, although my wife admitted missing those areas and with a couple of wipes with a microfiber and the streaks were gone.

"thin to win" is our mantra when using Ultimate Wax. I move that Porter Cable pretty fast when applying UW and I've waited both 3-5 minutes and hours to buff off and I rarely have difficulties.

"fishing for swirls in a sea of black"
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      David

Comment

To speed up the process she help buff off, so she checked her watch and followed up each section five minutes later buffing off the UW with a couple of Supreme Shines.
        This seems to be the key, along with applying a thin coat. I could have done a better job of timing myself. That said, I have two options: apply to a panel and wait five minutes, then wipe off, then move on, or have a couple of stop watches handy so that I can apply and time multiple panels in order to work faster. Guesstimating didn't work well. The first option would be far too time-consuming, and the second is just cumbersome. It's a shame, because on my car, ULW gives the paint a deeper, glowing shine, where as NXT is brighter. I prefer the appearance of ULW, but I'm having a difficult time justifying the difficulty of working with it.

I'll probably give it one more try when I do my next monthly waxing, this time paying even more attention to applying it thin and getting the timing just right. I'm sticking with NXT for lighter-colored cars, though - did my roommate's white Dodge Charger on Friday, and it turned out great.

Comment

Did my own car today, an obsidian black SUV. I start first with the areas done by hand. First I apply it to the sides of the car just below and above the windows. By the time I've done both sides I go back and remove it from one side. Then start on the rear tailgate. Then remove the other side. Then apply to the front bumper, then remove the tailgate, etc, etc. Then start the machine applied areas such as the doors and just wipe off after 5 minutes.

It's just a matter of applying and removing in a sort of order allowing 5 minutes before wipe off. Of course this a generic number which may vary with temperature, humidity, paint, etc, etc. To me, this seems faster then applying a wax to an entire car, waiting for it to haze and then wiping off.

"fishing for swirls in a sea of black"
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          David

Comment

hello,

i look for a good combo glaze-sealant which gives a stunning wet-look, i don't want too much brightness.

Do you advice me Ultimate Polish + Ultimate Wax ? or Ultimate Polish + Tech Wax 2.0

Last question (the most important) with which wax can i have a wet-look ? with the tech wax 2.0 ? or with ultimate wax?

Regards.

Comment

Originally posted by Till-Lindemann View Post
              hello,

i look for a good combo glaze-sealant which gives a stunning wet-look, i don't want too much brightness.

Do you advice me Ultimate Polish + Ultimate Wax ? or Ultimate Polish + Tech Wax 2.0

Last question (the most important) with which wax can i have a wet-look ? with the tech wax 2.0 ? or with ultimate wax?

Regards.
              If you don't have many swirls then I'd go with the Ultimate Polish/Ultimate Wax. IMHO NXT 2.0 is shinier than the Ultimate Wax.
              The trick to a clear "wet-look" shine IMHO is the preparation (polishing) of the paint before adding a sealant or sealant/wax combo.

Merlin - A Miracle Detailing

YouTube - Facebook - - Instagram

Comment

ok thank for your reply,

so, you advice me tech wax 2.0 instead ultimate wax ?

Comment

IMHO Tech Wax 2.0 is very shiny but does not last a long time.
                  Ultimate wax (I prefer the liquid) has a rich deep look and is the longest lasting wax (it's really a sealant) that Megs makes.

Are you a newbie at polishing paint with a machine? Do you have a Dual Action polisher...Porter Cable 7424xp etc.?
                  My best advice is evaluate your paint. If needed, polish your paint with Ultimate compound then polish with Ultimate Polish.
                  After your paint is polished to perfection then you can apply Ultimate Wax (by hand or machine) either way is easy.

Comment

I just did a black vehicle a couple of days ago. I took me a day and a half to polish the paint correctly.
                    When I was done polishing the owner told me "My hood looks like a pool of water I could put my had in."
                    This was BEFORE any sealant (NXT 2.0 or Ultimate Wax etc.) was applied.

Comment

unfortunately I don't use machine to polish my car, i work by hand (German Applicator when i use UC and Swirlx and standar pad for glaze and sealant).

actually I use Poorboys BlackHole and Natty blue for the wax, i'm satisfied by the result but i look for a better wet-look.

i read some page of this thread and i've seen that the Ultimate wax does not replace directly the tech wax 2.0.
                      Maybe i should put one coat of Ultimate polish, one of Tech wax and one of ultimate wax for a better result...
                      but that's really necessary ?

if the tech wax gives me a better wet-look than ultimate wax, I will take the tech wax even if the ultimate has a better life

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin View Post
                        IMHO Tech Wax 2.0 is very shiny but does not last a long time.
                        Ultimate wax (I prefer the liquid) has a rich deep look and is the longest lasting wax (it's really a sealant) that Megs makes.
                        When you say "very shiny" you want say that the car becomes very brightness ? Because I don't look for a brightness effect, but a very good darkness-wet-look effect ;-)

Take a look on my car (waxed with the sealant Wolfgang DGPS 3.0, it is a good product and expensive but i found that the brightness is tooooooooooo hard, i don't like this effect)

Comment

Ultimate Compound (Medium abrasive) and Ultimate Polish (Fine abrasive) are products that are used to rub on your paint to improve the finish.
                          This can be done by hand or machine (a LOT easier by machine). They are not wipe-on/wipe-off products they need to be "worked" on the paint.

Off Topic to reply:
                          PB Blackhole is a filler (to hide paint imperfections that are not polished out) and gloss enhancer for dark paint.
                          I like glazes but I prefer to polish paint. PBBH can only do so much to hide swirls and fine scratches in the paint.
                          To correct paint (that stay's corrected) and get the best shine out of your clear coat you need to machine polish your paint.
                          PB Natty's Liquid Blue is a very shiny wax but not a lot of longevity. I use the PBBH Natty's Liquid Blue and love the shine.
                          No longevity.
                          I will use the PBBH/NLB combo when I taking a vehicle that has a "show car" corrected finish to a car show.
                          The combo sparkles real nice.

The many sealants and waxes all have different "looks" to them.
                          Sealants as a rule sealants are shiny and bright NXT 2.0, Megs #21 Synthetic Sealant 2.0, WGDGPS etc.
                          Carnauba waxes have a "wet-look" it is deep & warm Megs Gold class Carnauba Plus Paste and Pinnacle Souveran etc.

Now back to the topic there are a couple of real good Megs products to polish paint The M105/M205 combo and the Microfiber DA system!
                          Both of these need to be used with a DA polishing machine to obtain results. You just can not do by hand what you can accomplish by machine!

Comment

Originally posted by Till-Lindemann View Post
                            hello,

Regards.
                            By what you are describing, I would recommend Ultimate Polish, followed by Ultimate Wax.
                            Originally posted by Blueline
                            I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Originally posted by davey g-force View Post
                              By what you are describing, I would recommend Ultimate Polish, followed by Ultimate Wax.
                              I agree...brilliant on black.
                              Paul Marmarinos
                              Flawless Prestige Car Detailing
                              "The trouble with the world is that everyone's about three drinks behind" - Humphrey Bogart

Comment

when you go on a dealer web site (uk dealer) you can see that about Ultimate Wax:

We’ve been fans of Meguiar’s products for many years, and we’re delighted with what their new Ultimate range offers in terms of value for money and performance. However, one small niggle remains, concerning their naming conventions. Take their Ultimate Liquid Wax for example. It’s a really good last step product that delivers excellent results in terms of ease of use and finish quality. However, it’s not a wax. Meguiar’s call it a wax because from a marketing standpoint they believe that you won’t buy it unless you see the word wax in the title. But it’s not a wax. It’s actually a state of the art synthetic paint sealant that uses cutting edge polymer technology to deliver a highly satisfying user experience. We hope you’ll try it for this reason, and this reason alone.

Someone can explain me please ?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');