• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ultimate Wax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ultimate Wax

I just got the paste version in which I can't wait to try out.
    Jesse

2009-2014 Meguiar's/Car Crazy SEMA Team
    www.ShineTechAutoDetail.com
    Facebook www.detailing.com

Comment

Originally posted by Hemin8r View Post
      I just got the paste version in which I can't wait to try out.
      Remember, thin, thin, thin is in, in, in!
      Paul Marmarinos
      Flawless Prestige Car Detailing
      "The trouble with the world is that everyone's about three drinks behind" - Humphrey Bogart

Comment

... just apply the product to a panel or two and then wipe off after no more than 3 to 5 minutes
        I don't know how I missed this, but I'll give it a try. The downside for me is that I typically like to hit all the large body panels with a 7" pad on my DA first, then follow up with a 4" on the smaller areas, then work on dressing the tires, cleaning glass, etc. while the wax dries. I'll have to do some timing adjustment to my process to accommodate this time limit.

Comment

I am really struggling w/ the liquid, normally use #21, but thought I'd go this a go. First did my GF's dark grey metallic Escape, then did my black magic pearl Passat tonite and had the same issues. I put it on thin, don't let it sit too long and when I try to remove it, it seems like it's still wet and almost smears more than it removes, once removed the paint is really oily in spots and QD doesn't seem to help. After all the trouble, if it felt slick and/or had a crazy shine it might be worth it, but it doesn't.

Comment

From my experience ONLY...if the humidity is high, LUW APPEARS to not play well. BUT, after you do a wipe off, let it just sit over night. In the morning, you may have to do a gentle wipe, but you SHOULD see that the 'oilyness' is gone.

Being a fully synthetic product, it has to have time to properly cure.

Hope this may may helped some...

Bill

Comment

That may be the problem, thanks Bill.

Comment

Originally posted by BillE View Post
                From my experience ONLY...if the humidity is high, LUW APPEARS to not play well. BUT, after you do a wipe off, let it just sit over night. In the morning, you may have to do a gentle wipe, but you SHOULD see that the 'oilyness' is gone.

Being a fully synthetic product, it has to have time to properly cure.

Hope this may may helped some...

Bill
                My sentiments exactly...I use it, know that it needs to "cure" and once it's cured (my experience about 12-24 hours) it is a very outstanding product.

Merlin - A Miracle Detailing

YouTube - Facebook - - Instagram

Comment

Will it make a beige car look that much different that the Deep Crystal Carnuba.
                  It is freshly painted...(2 months ago)

Comment

Originally posted by OBSSEST View Post
                    I'm thinking I'm going back to the NXT 2.0. I sure hope NXT isn't getting phased out due to the new ultimate products.
                    I sure hope they don't mess with NXT 2.0 in any way.

It's clear to me that Ultimate wax needs reworked from the folks at Meguiars. This first go 'round has major issues. Please don't anyone tell me that you just have to "learn" to use it...there are far too many people reporting the same streaking, oily residue, etc. issues to be just a few people that don't know what they're doing. I know that's what the Meguiars apologists would say...but it's simply at this point, an overhyped product that falls way short of what it should do.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Apollo IV View Post
                      I sure hope they don't mess with NXT 2.0 in any way.

It's clear to me that Ultimate wax needs reworked from the folks at Meguiars. This first go 'round has major issues. Please don't anyone tell me that you just have to "learn" to use it...there are far too many people reporting the same streaking, oily residue, etc. issues to be just a few people that don't know what they're doing. I know that's what the Meguiars apologists would say...but it's simply at this point, an overhyped product that falls way short of what it should do.
                      Just a noob and certainly not qualified to be a "Mequiars apologist", I wonder if the introduction of new products doesn't always have some stumbling blocks. Creating the perfect or ideal wax for all or most cars, must be like creating a software for all or most computers. Too many variations that even with a broad sampling for beta testing, difficulties still arise. How soon after NXT was there NXT 2.0? Improvements or "bugs fix"? I haven't been around long enough to have a clue. Now sounding like an apologist, in my limited experience I haven't had any problems justifying changing Ultimate Wax.

The Mike Phillips quote may apply in most cases with automotive products or just about anything for that matter. Possibly paraphrasing, "find something you like and use it often". http://www.autopiaforums.com/forums/...use-often.html

"fishing for swirls in a sea of black"
                      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                      David

Comment

Originally posted by wifpd4 View Post
                        Just a noob and certainly not qualified to be a "Mequiars apologist", I wonder if the introduction of new products doesn't always have some stumbling blocks. Creating the perfect or ideal wax for all or most cars, must be like creating a software for all or most computers. Too many variations that even with a broad sampling for beta testing, difficulties still arise. How soon after NXT was there NXT 2.0? Improvements or "bugs fix"? I haven't been around long enough to have a clue. Now sounding like an apologist, in my limited experience I haven't had any problems justifying changing Ultimate Wax.

The Mike Phillips quote may apply in most cases with automotive products or just about anything for that matter. Possibly paraphrasing, "find something you like and use it often". http://www.autopiaforums.com/forums/...use-often.html
                        I hear what you're saying..but it's just that I've never seen so many people mentioning the same problems with a new product like this. I really think that its clear that they are limiting their customer base by making a product that makes you want to pull your hair out (for many of us out there). I for one, could be called a Meguiars fan boy or apologist...every time someone asks me which type of wax, protectant, etc. I would recommend - It's always Meguiars, Meguiars, Meguiars...So I'm not trying to put down people that are a big supporter of the company and it's products. But it's just that this particular product seems to fall short of something that should be called "ultimate" and worth the $20 price tag. The application and wipe off of this wax should be top notch imo. And it just irks me a bit when people make excuses or try to make things more complicated and requiring a "skill" to use...just because it's from a certain company - when if the same product was made by BrandX, they would trash the product.

Yeah, I'm not sure how long it took for them to reformulate NXT. I remember when it happened...I had always thought that the original NXT was darn good and hard to find fault with. And for sure, I subscribe to Mike Phillips "find what you like and use it".

Comment

Looks like meguiar's unintentionally made something special in NXT 2. Everyone seems to be pleased with it more than ultimate wax, being very good in many aspects unlike Ultimate wax which is excellent in some areas, while not so good in others. On paper, it seems ultimate wax is THE WAX to have. It seems to be packed with a lot more polymers than nxt allowing it to do what it said it can do. But it seems to have been released too soon resulting in its tempermental character.. Its absolutely tragic based on what i've been reading here.

Comment

As I keep saying, get the PASTE version of UW and you'll love it. NXT2 will be left on the shelf for dark colours. The LIQUID version may need some tweeking but that will happen soon, I'm sure.
                            Paul Marmarinos
                            "The trouble with the world is that everyone's about three drinks behind" - Humphrey Bogart

Comment

I will try the paste as soon as its available, that's for sure. I've experienced on rare occassions some streaking with liquid NXT2, even its direct competitor. With NXT2 paste, ok it may be a tad more difficult to work with, but wiping of the dried wax gives a more even consistent streak free results. I've gotten some smearing with insulator wax too, it seems easy to apply and remove.. but if you see your results in the sun, man... streaks... it can also be tempermental. This i haven't expereinced with the 476s.

If ultimate paste wax turns out to great in my cars, i will give away some of my other waxes!

Comment

UW paste is easier to use than NXT2 paste. It spreads easier, thinner, and much further.
                                Paul Marmarinos

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');