• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ultimate Wax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ultimate Wax

Originally posted by blue-sun View Post
    Been about 3 months for my car now and a couple days ago when parked in the rain, both sides are holding up fine (sorry, no pics it was dark) and the water droplet size looked identical on both sides.
    So NXT vs UW looks identical in terms of beading so far? Thanks for the update.

Are you able to notice any difference in the feel or the look between the two sides? If you get a chance, do the "squeak test" on both sides for us and report back with the differences.
    Originally posted by Blueline
    I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Been using NXT2.0 for black trim pieces with fantastic results. Will ULW also work well here?
      2011 F150 5.0L 4x4

Comment

Buck, I assume you're using it on the shiny black trim like around the side windows?

Comment

I wouldn't call it painted/cleared shiny like, for example, a '02 Grand Am. But yes, black trim andd black plastic.
          2011 F150 5.0L 4x4

Comment

--==Buick Park Ave Ultra 2000 Black==-- i will be posting pictures on CLEAN the meguiars Ultimate Wax Liquid work out for me. i was up in the air and asking myself do i spend the $22 ,i said Yes and took it home and was BLOWN AWAY. i also put some Ultimate Polish on first and wow my ride look New again and supper wet/BLack!! i Just tintd the whip also yersterday so its looking great.. (( everyone go buy these stuff i have use tons of WAXs and these is the best ever i used)) props to the company for making it the best

Comment

Hello!) 3 days ago, I bought it. I am very happy) wax very much, especially its hydrophobic effect, ease of application. I set the tests for 2 days.
              the first day. I washed my car by Gold Class Shampoo, wiped dry, then I clay my car and paid Ultimate Wax. yes, shiny. Yes, hide minor scratches. but that something is not right ....
              second day. I went to the store and bought Ultimate Compound. then washed the car, wiped dry and apply Ultimate Compound by hand. Then apply the Ultimate wax. and oh my God, super gloss, depth of pearl Jeans (the so-called color of my car) really, with nothing to compare. I am pleased with the wax. is the number one wax for me-ease of application and a brilliant result!
              Moscow

Comment

Originally posted by THERAPY View Post
                Hello!) 3 days ago, I bought it. I am very happy) wax very much, especially its hydrophobic effect, ease of application. I set the tests for 2 days.
                the first day. I washed my car by Gold Class Shampoo, wiped dry, then I clay my car and paid Ultimate Wax. yes, shiny. Yes, hide minor scratches. but that something is not right ....
                second day. I went to the store and bought Ultimate Compound. then washed the car, wiped dry and apply Ultimate Compound by hand. Then apply the Ultimate wax. and oh my God, super gloss, depth of pearl Jeans (the so-called color of my car) really, with nothing to compare. I am pleased with the wax. is the number one wax for me-ease of application and a brilliant result!
                and video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86SWunISmDQ
                Moscow

Comment

Nice work!
                  I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

thkx) Friday I will bring Ultimate quick wax. I want to try a combo: Ultimate Wax,Gold Class Wax))

Ps delicious smell of wax ))))) while I worked, barely restrained so as not to eat )))))))))))))))))))) hahahaha )))))

and another question-what is the difference of liquid wax from the paste wax? thanks
                    Moscow

Comment

"Third day." Try the Ultimate Compound then Ultimate Polish then the Ultimate Wax - Even Better!

thkx)...and another question-what is the difference of liquid wax from the paste wax? thanks
                      I understand that they are the same product except the paste has an additional product in it that makes it a paste.
                      Also, the UW liquid will not stain (black) trim. Some folks have even applied the Ultimate wax liquid on the trim.

Merlin - A Miracle Detailing

YouTube - Facebook - - Instagram

Comment

Thank Merlin). needless to say the result will be better with Ultimate polish, but so far in Russia it is not found. (until replaced by Polish of the 3 step system.) appear, be sure to try)
                        Moscow

Comment

Just did Ult. wash&wax -> Ult Polish -> ULW this morning. About 2 weeks ago I used claybar and Meg's cleaner/wax so I figured all should be pretty decent. VERY happy with the results, although I did notice a couple things. The first being that more swirls as visible than after the cleaner wax, not a big deal on a DD and not a big deal considering how minor they are.

The second is that it seems like the ULW had a much greater tendency to streak on my hood and nearby areas. Now, at first I thought maybe they needed to be clayed or some such until I noticed how nicely the wax was setting on the parts which were in the sun a little. It really seems like the extra heat once the sun started popping out (even on parts shaded, the temp notably increased) really helped the wax remove easier.

On a related note, this wax definately felt like it took a LOT more effort to apply as well as remove compared to NXT2.0. When spread thin there was notable drag on my foam applicator. When thick it was a bugger to wait for it to dry completely.

The results are definately top-notch but if the durability isn't there I'm not sure if this will be worth the finicky nature of application/removal. Definately looks great right now, though!

Great reflections! 1996 Mustang GT, daily driver 106,xxx miles

And the worst of the swirls... They are more noticable in person, but only at the right angle under direct sunlight

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
                          2011 F150 5.0L 4x4

Comment

Mike Stoops Hi .... I have a question for you today which is inspired by your post here ... #149. (page 15)

Here is my situation: I am detailing cars that live in the Mojave Desert area of California. As you can imagine, this is a very harsh environment ..... sometimes I will get detail jobs where the paint is still alive enough to be saved, yet the paint is often very, very dry from neglect of the owner.

Furthermore, during the summer months here the humidity levels are nil and often it seems like the detailing products I use will dry out on me before they would in a more favorable environment that has more humidity. One way I have delt with this situation is to do my detail work in the very early hours of the day .... many times I have wished for some type of oil I could spray on the paint surface so as to keep my compounding product wet enough to continue using just a little longer ..... if you know what I mean ....

By the way, I have just started to use the Microfiber DA Correction System and I really love it ...

OK ... soooooooo ..... In your post #149 you mentioned how that M80 offers more in the way of moisture for the paint ... as you have said ... "M80 is an oil rich product". So my question is, if I am working on a neglected, very dry car (clear coat paint .... which I would clay first) should I first use M80 .... and then begin the DA Correction System process? I wonder if perhaps by putting moisture in the paint first with M80, if this might make the use of the DA Correction system more effective in such a situation as mine?

As a final step in my detailing process, I am thinking about using the your new Ultimate Wax which is why I am posting here today ...... from what I have read here UW might be a very good way to extend paint protection out here in the desert?

Meanwhile, I have not had the time to read every posting of yours here yet, but it sure is nice to be able to access a person like you so as to gain deeper insight about the detailing process ..... I think you are a good teacher and I would really like to buy you a beer some day!

Thanks for a moment of your time ......

Comment

Can you apply NXT2.0 wax about 3 weeks after applying Ultimate liquid wax? Just curious if you can "layer" these 2 waxes.

Comment

^^ Sure you can!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');