• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ultimate Wax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ultimate Wax

Let me hit it with the inspection light and report back.
    Practice doesn't make perfect, the dedication to achieve perfection makes perfect. "Smack"
    2011 Jet Black 328i Touring
    2007 Jet Black 335i Sedan

Comment

FWIW, I find full sun and inspection lights actually mask any streaking.

Streaking for me (black paint) is best seen in low light...
      Originally posted by Blueline
      I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

While I have more waxes and sealants to last me a few lifetimes, I wanted to try out the new Meg's UW. I bought a bottle at Walmart today and thought I'd post my initial impressions.

My vehicle is in excellent shape and has seen a recent detail and application of M21. I did a UQD and then applied the new UW liquid. It went on evenly and thinly and came off even easier than NXT or M21 (v2). I got absolutely no streaking and the initial look was good but not stunning. Much like the other polymers sealants, the stunning looks came later, about 8 hours later. The reflectivity just popped out. I think that if this product lasts longer than NXT/M21 it will be a smashing success. The looks alone are better than either NXT or M21, IMHO. The reflective shine is much better leaving an almost crystal like look.
        Jim
        My Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by rfinkle2 View Post
          I've got the paste and it won't like your paint either. it didn't like mine.
          Thanks for the heads up, I'll give it a try anyway seeing how they're sending it to me free.

Comment

Originally posted by smack View Post
            Let me hit it with the inspection light and report back.
            excellent... thank you.

Comment

I did not find any streaking of the product. It has been 18 hours since the application of the product. It might have healed itself in that time. Hope that helps.
              Practice doesn't make perfect, the dedication to achieve perfection makes perfect. "Smack"

Comment

Originally posted by smack View Post
                I did not find any streaking of the product. It has been 18 hours since the application of the product. It might have healed itself in that time. Hope that helps.
                thanks for looking. you have had better luck with it than I.

I have a major , and i mean major lsp collection and i seem to have a problem with meguiar sealants streaking.

good luck with it. i like meguiars products, and really wish i could use their lsp's with confidence.

again, thanks for looking @ the finish again.

Comment

I have a major , and i mean major lsp collection and i seem to have a problem with meguiar sealants streaking.

good luck with it. i like meguiars products, and really wish i could use their lsp's with confidence.

No problem. Thats what fellow MOL members are here for.

Comment

I just put up my experiance on the product a few hours ago.
                    Discussion on Meguiar's Classic, Gold Class, NXT, Ultimate, and Hybrid Ceramic Product Lines

Comment

I sort of played hookie yesterday(Had a Dr. Appointment this AM, felt worse after the Dr so I stayed home, felt a bit better after laying down for a while, feel so-so right now) so I finally cleaned up the Mazdaspeed3 with the new wax.

Car was washed 3 days ago with a coin op touchless, followed by a ONR QD wipedown.
                      Then Klasse All In One paint cleaner was applied with a Dual Action Polisher and a medium white pad
                      Then I taped the roof off in half, I want to do a comparison with my old sealant, NXT 2.0 and the new UW.
                      UW applied with the DA and a brand new Meguiars Finishing Pad
                      NXT applied with the DA and my old grey finishing pad.

Pics: New hawtness

Roof taped off. Pass side will be UW and the Drivers side will be NXT

Dabs of the UW on the pad

I then dab the pad on the section of the paint to preload the wax

Run the DA on 3 to spread the UW nice and evenly. THIN EVEN COATS is the KEY!

I did the rest of the car the same way then I moved onto the drivers side of the roof with NXT. I push the applicator pad 2-3 times into the container and then dab that onto the roof. I usually use liquid NXT but late last season when I was running out, this was all I could find, so I'm still GETting used to using it, I should have only done 1-2 dabs in retrospect.

Spread it like the UW on 3 in the DA.

Both side curing on the paint. Since it was only in the mid 30's, I let it cure on the paint for over an hour.

I wiped both the UW and NXT with a MF bonnet and a medium pad misted with QD. Here are some after pics. Again, I'll update this regularly with pics regarding the longevity of UW vrs NXT.

Comment

Nice one! I'll be keen to hear about UW's durability vs NXT.
                        Originally posted by Blueline
                        I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Originally posted by davey g-force View Post
                          Nice one! I'll be keen to hear about UW's durability vs NXT.
                          I will update as I see progress, either when it rains or when I wash the car. I'll try and snap pics as I go too, for everyone to see.

Comment

How much overlap did you have between passes with the d/a?

Comment

Originally posted by Mongoose View Post
                              How much overlap did you have between passes with the d/a?
                              I did 2 passes, side/side then up/down to ensure complete coverage.

Comment

Here's a couple of pics

Merlin - A Miracle Detailing

YouTube - Facebook - - Instagram

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');