• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ultimate Polish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ultimate Polish

Originally posted by davey g-force View Post
    Don't mix products on your applicator pad. If you must, apply the UP with your SS microfiber - just be aware that this will give the product slightly more bite or "cut" - whether or not that suits your situation, I'm not sure. It may just be a matter of easing up a little on the pressure when applying with the SS MF.

...Or better still, buy another foam applicator pad..
    Thanks Davey, I prefer buy another foam applicator pad too

Comment

I've just purchased a bottle of the UP. I plan on using the UW&W, Clay, UP, then UW tomorrow. I was having a difficult time deciding between UP & Show Car 7. I went with the UP based on feedback from this site. My question is: since my car is brand new (less than 2 weeks old - 800 miles total) and the UP has the SMAT "abrasives"/cleaners, is it safe to use often? I don't feel my paint needs to be "cleaned" every 2 weeks - which is how often I do my wash/wax/detail process. This is my first new car, my wife & I are trying to start a family, ergot I want to keep it looking amazing as possible for as long as possible. Would using the UP bi-monthly diminish the finish due to its cleaning/SMAT? Would the Show Car #7 be better since it doesn't have these? Help! I'm too much of a noob & I want to protect my investment. Will obviously be "finishing" with Ultimate Wax (& occassionally #26 Hi-Tech Yellow since I still have some in my stash). Thanks in advance for your infinite wisdom.

Comment

@TNAdam Welcome to the forum.

I'd recommend a good wash (two bucket method), clay and seal with UW. You should not need to use UP but every 3-6 months if you maintain your vehicle well. I'd use UW and follow after every wash with UQW. This will maintain the slickness and keep your paint protected. When you find that the paint is no longer smooth as glass, it needs to be clayed again, then UP and UW again. If you like to top UW with #26 go ahead, just give the UW, 12 or more hours to cure. IME, I've found that a sealant topped with a carnauba does offer better protection against bird dropping and acid rain. Carnaubas are not all that durable in the Texas summer heat so keep that in mind.

You should not need #7 on a newer vehicle, IMO UP should only be needed if/when you start to see swirls. As to using UP more frequently, while it is not necessary, it shouldn't harm your paint over many years of use.
        Jim
        My Gallery

Comment

Thanks for the great advice. Since I did the UW&W, clay, UW last weekend (my finish IS still smooth as glass, albeit dusty) I'm going to do the wash, polish, wax this weekend & follow up in 2 weeks with a wash & UQW (I assume I won't need to clay or polish in that timeframe again). You clearly have more experience with this than I do so I'm going to heed your advice. Does my above plan seem sound? Thanks again for the response & advice.

Update: I just spot tested an area on my car with the Ultimate Wash & Wax Anywhere, UQD, UP, followed by UW just to see if it would make THAT much of a difference on my new white car and WOW - yes it did.
          Last edited by TNAdam; May 18, 2012, 06:04 PM. Reason: Clarification/Update

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Stoops View Post
            Ultimate Polish is vastly different in almost every way - SMAT abrasives, lots of polishing oils, ease of application and removal, cleaning strength, etc.
            Hi Michael

Since UP has lotsa polishing oils, so does it interfere with the layering of wax over it. I am based at India. I easily get UP locally here. Whereas procuring UC or 105 or 205 is really difficult here. I have both NXT tech wax 2.0 and the collinite 845. So how do I go about after getting done with the UP. Can I directly apply collinite 845 immediately after UP (worried since UP has lotsa polishing oils).

Comment

Hi Abdur, welcome to MOL.

All Megs products are designed to work together so you won't have any problems putting NXT (or any Megs LSPs) over UP. In fact, the TS oils in UP are compatible with the TS oils in NXT and actually assist bonding rather than prevent it. If you stay within the Megs system you will never have any issues.

On the other hand, putting a different companies LSP over Megs TS oils may cause unpredictable results. Normally, you won't have any issues as many can attest to. But there is no guarantee. So if you want to get Collinite's legendary durability after taking advantage of UP cleaning/correcting ability, just do a quick prep-solvent wash before applying Collinite.

Or just stay within Megs system and keep life easy.
              Paul Marmarinos
              Flawless Prestige Car Detailing
              "The trouble with the world is that everyone's about three drinks behind" - Humphrey Bogart

Comment

Hi Alfisti

Thanks for your reply. In what manner would I have to layer the NXT tech wax 2.0 and collinite 845 after having done with UP. Does going for a combinational layering of both NXT tech wax 2.0 and collinite 845 after polishing with UP make sense? If yes, kindly explain me the layering process, which 1st and how many layers each.

Comment

I wouldn't layer 845 over NXT or the other way around. Just select one product and apply 2 coats to ensure proper coverage.

If applying NXT over UP just go straight ahead with 2 coats.

If applying 845 over UP first prep-wash to eliminate bonding issues and apply 2 coats of 845.
                  Paul Marmarinos
                  "The trouble with the world is that everyone's about three drinks behind" - Humphrey Bogart

Comment

Originally posted by Alfisti View Post
                    Hi Abdur, welcome to MOL.

All Megs products are designed to work together so you won't have any problems putting NXT (or any Megs LSPs) over UP. In fact, the TS oils in UP are compatible with the TS oils in NXT and actually assist bonding rather than prevent it. If you stay within the Megs system you will never have any issues.

On the other hand, putting a different companies LSP over Megs TS oils may cause unpredictable results. Normally, you won't have any issues as many can attest to. But there is no guarantee. So if you want to get Collinite's legendary durability after taking advantage of UP cleaning/correcting ability, just do a quick prep-solvent wash before applying Collinite.

Or just stay within Megs system and keep life easy.

Does this go for all megs waxes? Just NXT and Ultimate?
                    2011 F150 5.0L 4x4

Comment

All.. they check out all the products to work together.
                      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

How would this compare to let's say #7?

Comment

#7 is much harder to work with and it works best on solid paints. It has no cut or correcting ability, apart from what the applicator may afford.
                          Paul Marmarinos

Comment

all films

Comment

Originally posted by samniss350z View Post
                              all films
                              I disagree. Not all films. Some still photos.

Comment

I have used the UP followed by NXT 2.0 with good results,but would i get a better finish with the UW?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');