• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ultimate Polish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ultimate Polish

Originally posted by Michael Stoops View Post
    If you're using a competitors product that recommends applying it only to perfectly clean paint, then we recommend you follow their directions. If that means doing an IPA wipedown prior to applying that product, then so be it.
    thanks michael. Just bought up, can't wait to use it

Comment

I've got a quick question regarding Ultimate Polish.

Let's say I did Ultimate Compound, Ultimate Polish, and finally NXT 2.0. During the following few months (3 or 4), I washed a hand full of times, used Ultimate Quick Detail every 2-3 days between washes, and used a spray wax about 4 times during the 3-4 month period. I also put 4 coats of NXT 2.0 on during this time peroid. To get the most out of Ultimate Polish, should I just apply it as is (meaning over the coat of wax that already sits on the paint)? Or should I do something else first to remove the wax and then Polish and then rewax?
      Always searching for the best.... Keep it country!
      ---------
      SkiDoo Snowmobiles!

Comment

Originally posted by ChevyNick View Post
        I've got a quick question regarding Ultimate Polish.

Let's say I did Ultimate Compound, Ultimate Polish, and finally NXT 2.0. During the following few months (3 or 4), I washed a hand full of times, used Ultimate Quick Detail every 2-3 days between washes, and used a spray wax about 4 times during the 3-4 month period. I also put 4 coats of NXT 2.0 on during this time peroid. To get the most out of Ultimate Polish, should I just apply it as is (meaning over the coat of wax that already sits on the paint)? Or should I do something else first to remove the wax and then Polish and then rewax?
        If what you're asking is whether you need to do anything to clean and remove your previous coats of NXT 2.0 then the answer is NO. Ultimate Polish has SMAT abrasives (not that aggressive), which will clean the paint and remove any previous layers of wax. You should be good to go as is.
        2011 Car Crazy Showcase SEMA Team

Comment

Yes that's exactly what I was trying to say, I just couldn't figure out how to word it simply lol. Thanks.
          Always searching for the best.... Keep it country!
          ---------
          SkiDoo Snowmobiles!

Comment

How often can I safely use ultimate polish? will it take off too much clear coat if I use UP every six months or even every 3 months?

Comment

No, you can use it all the time if wanted.
              2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

As often as you like. It's so mild that even used weekly paint removal will be negligible.
                Paul Marmarinos
                Flawless Prestige Car Detailing
                "The trouble with the world is that everyone's about three drinks behind" - Humphrey Bogart

Comment

Excellent thanks. I picked up 3 bottles from Supercheap autos when they had some xmas day specials. I think I paid $13.00 per bottle.

Comment

Can I use this on a new car paint ? Without any defects ?

http://home.comcast.net/~american_ni...ed-23copy2.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by Webb View Post
                      Can I use this on a new car paint ? Without any defects ?

Yes, though if wanted a pure polish go with megs #7

Comment

UP is a lot easier than #7 to use, plus UP mild abrasives will help remove fine swirls installed during washing even on a new car.
                        Paul Marmarinos
                        Flawless Prestige Car Detailing
                        "The trouble with the world is that everyone's about three drinks behind" - Humphrey Bogart

Comment

My Jeep doesn't have any defects I just bought it 2 months ago,I need something with very mild abrasives.

Thanks
                          http://home.comcast.net/~american_ni...ed-23copy2.jpg

Comment

^^ Sounds like UP is the one for you!
                            Originally posted by Blueline
                            I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

• Can I apply ultimate polish with a supreme shine microfiber?
                              I just only have 1 aplicator pad from nxt2.0.
                              Or can i use the applicator pad for ultimate polish then I continue with nxt 2.0 liquid?

Comment

Don't mix products on your applicator pad. If you must, apply the UP with your SS microfiber - just be aware that this will give the product slightly more bite or "cut" - whether or not that suits your situation, I'm not sure. It may just be a matter of easing up a little on the pressure when applying with the SS MF.

...Or better still, buy another foam applicator pad..
                                Originally posted by Blueline
                                I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');