• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need help with my boat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with my boat

I am getting ready to get my boat cleaned up and stored for the winter. I am having a hard time deciding what to do. I will only have limited time to work on it. Let me give you some backround first. The boat is 2002 Momba ski boat 21 feet long with about 60 hours on it. The boat is used and stored 350 miles from my home. This why I have limited time. The boat has its home in a spring feed lake with a water clerity depth of about 14 feet. In the past the boat is stored out of the water when not in use but this year is the first year it sat in the water all summer. The finish is in good condition. I just got in to polishing and waxing cars in the last year and have had excellent results. I do have a PC. In the past I have been using #21 appling by hand. I liked the results but think I sould use stuff for gel coats. I was thinking about using #50 and Flagship Premium Vinyl & Rubber Protectant. I also need hep on pad selection.

For washing can I use the NXT wash for the cars? Has any one used NXT on Gel coats before?

Any idea's, suggestions?

Thanks for the help
    2000 Grand Prix GTP
    2007 Toyota 4Runner

I found if you have light oxidation best thing to do is purchase the Oxidation Removal System Kit. Comes with Oxidation Remover, Pure Polish, and Pure Wax. Few spots on my boat the oxidation remover was not cutting it with a few passes with the DA polisher so I stepped it up to the One Step Compound and it really did a good job. The follow up with the pure polish and then wax. The wax is great, I never tried the Flagship product, but Im going to tomorrow because I am out of the pure wax. From what I hear the Flagship wax rocks!!! One thing I like about the meguiars marine wax is the buildup is MUCH easier to get off the boat when its been sitting in the water for a while and you pull it out.. Wipe it off with a towel and the boat feels just like it was waxed!

Hope that helps you out..

Nick
    Flight Paramedic
    Survival Flight

Comment

Re: Need help with my boat

Originally posted by flipper
      I do have a PC. In the past I have been using #21 applying by hand.

I liked the results but think I should use stuff for gel coats. I was thinking about using #50 and Flagship Premium Vinyl & Rubber Protectant. I also need help on pad selection.
      #50 One Step Cleaner/Wax in the liquid version would be a good choice for application with the dual action polisher.

This product will clean the finish by removing any light oxidation, staining and surface contamination both above the water line an below the water line. Use this with our W-8006 foam polishing pad on between the 4.5 and 5.0 setting. You could stop after this product or apply a second coat of wax only for this step use Flagship.

For washing can I use the NXT wash for the cars? Has any one used NXT on Gel coats before?

Any idea's, suggestions?

Thanks for the help
      NXT Car Wash should work fine on your boat before detailing it, down the road you can consider a dedicated wash just for boats.

Meguiar's boat washes
      Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');