• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

wipe down boat when coming out of water

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wipe down boat when coming out of water

I would like to get into the habit of wiping down my new fiberglass bass boat (nitro x-4) after we get it out of the water and before we drive home with it. Would the spray flagship ultimate detailer be able to be used on the wet surface (just coming out of water) or does it need to be dry....I see no59 quick wax says can be used on wet or dry surface.

Thanks
    Darren

Re: wipe down boat when coming out of water

Originally posted by magicman22 View Post
    I would like to get into the habit of wiping down my new fiberglass bass boat (nitro x-4) after we get it out of the water and before we drive home with it. Would the spray flagship ultimate detailer be able to be used on the wet surface (just coming out of water) or does it need to be dry....I see no59 quick wax says can be used on wet or dry surface.

Thanks
    I don't know for certain about the Flagship Quik Detaier but I'm holding a bottle of M52 Quik Clean Mist & Wipe in my hands. It says it is designed to be used at the end of the day to remove fresh water spots & contaminants such as mineral deposits before they have a chance to bond to the surface. It helps keep that "just waxed" look. I don't know how it compares to the Flagship Ultimate Detailer.

Good luck. We don't often talk about the Marine products on this site, so it's nice to see some expressed interest. I'd love to learn more about them.

Comment

Your best bet would probably be after loading on the trailer is to pull back into the parking area where you finish securing the boat with tie-downs use a water magnet and dry the boat off then use the FlagShip Ultimate Detailer with a microfiber. You could use the quickwax in place if you wanted to. I see where it says you can use it on a wet surface, but I personally would not use it on a wet surface.

The above is how I handle coming out of the water with my boat. I have a I/O FourWinns and I get exhaust all over in the back and getting if off while its still wet makes it much easier. Usually a day or two before I go out I will put on a coat of Flagship Premium Wax then maintain it with the FS Ultimate Detailer.

Nick

Comment

Originally posted by magicman22 View Post

Thanks
        That is the best thing you could ever do, especially to keep up the overall appearance of your boat. The lake contains all kinds of contaminants, from petroleum to abrasives particles. When ever I pull my Eliminator out of the lake, I always try to get the sides wet once its on the trailer. Because my boat had a dark purple transom, many times I will need to use the M47 - Hard Water Spot Remover to knock down the water spots, followed up with the Flagship Ultimate Detailer or Blue Mist around the entire boat. Since I live near the launch ramp, many times I just whip it home so that I can give it a thorough bath with soap, then dry. Then I follow up with the M47 wherever there are spots, then the Blue Mist or FUD for that wet look.......once she is backed in to the garage she is ready for the next day.

Another option would be to use a product such as ONR.....1 oz to 2 gallons of water and you are ready to clean.Then follow up with your Flagship Ultimate Detailer and your done!

Here is an idea I came up with for rinseless applications. I use this at the marina very often when it comes time for my boat clean up. I have a premix solution in my 5 gal jug for a convenient clean up. It is applied to my boat using my system which is portable and plugs into my 12V outlet in the back of my SUV. It uses a 50 ft hose and brass wand which is pumped or atomized in to a fine mist. I no longer wreak of "Vineger" or "Ducky" like others....and no more "Spray Bottle Trigger" fatique! When others see this set up and the ease it creates for marine clean up after boating, they trip out!!!..Guess I am just very into keeping my boat in "Mint" condition!

David M. Sylican
        Innovative Detailing
        Headlight Lens Restoral
        Detailing Caddy
        Join us on Facebook

Comment

Just read the directions on my bottle. I would believe it tends to work best on a dry surface.
          quality creates its own demand

Comment

Does this machine work with beer
            it even appears to have a cup holder

Comment

Well thanks for all of the great answers. This is my first boat so i have had several questions on paint care with it which have been answered by browsing this site. Try to use 100% meguiars on my autos/motorcycle so will probably do the same with the boat.

Sounds like the quick clean will work for me at the boat ramp (out of everyones way!) and then use the quick detailer later.

Thanks for all of the great suggestions!
              Darren

Comment

We boat at Lake Havasu and use small towels soaked in the (R/O) icewater to wipe the boat if we don't plan on washing it at the house. The fresh, soft water usually cuts right through the recent hard water spots and leaves the boat ready for a spray detailer...

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');