• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why 2 coats of wax?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why 2 coats of wax?

Why would two coats of wax be better than one? Doesn't the cleaner in the wax strip the previous wax application?

Re: Why 2 coats of wax?

Well, not all waxes have cleaners, so let's start there. Anyways, this is a very contentious issue, with some claiming that layering waxes creates a better finish, and others saying that it's just a waste of time. Here's my own opinion, which I *think* is the official Meguiar's stance as well: two light coats is better than one, because it ensures *complete* and even coverage. Even in the case of NXT 2.0, which is said to have very light cleaners, a second thin coat won't strip the previous layer.
    -Will-

CDO ATW

Comment

Bingo! It's not really the two coats of wax but rather ensuring even coverage.
      Scott

Comment

Originally posted by BlueZero View Post
        Bingo! It's not really the two coats of wax but rather ensuring even coverage.
        That is always the way it was explained to me.
        quality creates its own demand

Comment

That makes sense....

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');