• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Restoring gloss and shine to fibreglass gel-coats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Restoring gloss and shine to fibreglass gel-coats

OK, knuckles rapped for thread hijacking

I have a car that has badly oxidised and faded gel coat. The oxidisation seems less of an issue as curing the colour fading should also remove the oxidisation. I realise that whatever I use it will need machine application. I have a PC and a Makita DA6040, but no rotary yet (by the time I get round to this project its possible that I will have a rotary so I would still be interested in recommendations)

Here is a shot showing where I have tested to check that its possible to restore the colour.

So - what would be the best products to restore the original colour, gloss and shine to this gel coat?

Re: Restoring gloss and shine to fibreglass gel-coats

Originally posted by butchdave
    So - what would be the best products to restore the original colour, gloss and shine to this gel coat?
    I'd say that maybe you should simply use the same products that you used to get that test area looking so good.

Just my thoughts...
    FRANK CANNA
    Mirror Finish Detailing
    23rd Year 1986-2009

Comment

Thanks Frank

I was hoping to find a suitable product in the marine range but you are probably right!

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');