• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

campers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• campers

I know this is for boats, but thet share some similar problems. ( besides I know 2hotford has a camper so...)
    what do use use for black streaks? I've been using the junk from walmart, than a wax job, but I was wondering if megs had something in there line that would work better.
    thanks for the space.
    2019 GMC Sierra
    1500 AT4

Pardon my ignorance here but, what is a black streak? What causes them? When you refer to the 'junk' from Wal-Mart, what product are you specifically referring to?

I ask only because I know so little about this realm of detailing and it's rare to get an opportunity to pick at someone's brain that knows that side of it.

Thanks for the help!

--RP
    -The Final Detail-
    Lagrange, Kentucky
    thefinaldetail@insightbb.com
    CLICK HERE TO VISIT MY GALLERY

Comment

black streaks are where all the rain gathers up all the dirt from the top and comes down the side of the camper or boat. I think caulk also causes alot of this. most campers have a gutter with a drain at each end so you will see a streak at each end of the trailer. if they are left there to long they can stain into the paint, just like a car, but the panels on a camper are rippled so running a buffer over them is hard. (not to mention time consuming)
      the junk I was refuring to is "black streak remover" from the camper section, can't remember the manufacter. it works fine, but would pefer to keep my megs cabinets stocked with megs products. besides , I'm not sure what this does in reguards to the waxes. it's rained alot here latly and I'm starting to get them again so I will try to get a photo and post it.
      2019 GMC Sierra
      1500 AT4

Comment

Great thread 2000.

I also need to detail my Minni Winni and was wondering what to use on the "box". It is some kind of fiberglass I think. After removing the black streaks would you suggest using one of the cleaner products or just wax? What about a sealant?
        E! - 68 Shelby Cobra GT500KR, 98 SuperDuty Winnebago Minni, 01 Harley Davidson Dyna Super Glide, 03 Mach 1, 06 Eddie Bauer Expedition

Comment

if its fiberglass siding you can see what looks like hair in it, if you look really close. it would also be one big sheet per side. I've tried to wax that before and found it to be a nightmare as the wax got into all the little grooves of those hairs. I think waxing is out if thats what you have.
          My shell is the old style aluimiun panels about two feet high, that piece toghether like siding on a house. it's painted with single stage white. I believe , if you have fiberglass the color is in the mold and not sprayed on, but I can't say for sure. I'd love to have your flat surface, but when I got my trailer the cost of fiberglass sliding was an extra 1500 dollars. thats alot of camp outs.
          2019 GMC Sierra
          1500 AT4

Comment

It is the large fiberglass sheets. If wax is not the ticket, what would you or others recommend to use? It sure needs something. It looks like UV is causing some damage.
            E! - 68 Shelby Cobra GT500KR, 98 SuperDuty Winnebago Minni, 01 Harley Davidson Dyna Super Glide, 03 Mach 1, 06 Eddie Bauer Expedition

Comment

kr4336,
              I saw your post on the pc deal and I can tell you that if there is something you can use by hand for your siding, the pc is going to save you ALOT of time. to wax my camper it use to take about 8 hours by hand with all the climbing ect. with the pc I did it in under 3 hours. almost look forward to the next time.
              2019 GMC Sierra
              1500 AT4

Comment

It is the large fiberglass sheets. If wax is not the ticket, what would you or others recommend to use? It sure needs something. It looks like UV is causing some damage.

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');