• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1982 Corvette shine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1982 Corvette shine

Yea, I'm still here, I do lots of lurking at all the great cars and trucks you guys post, and I finally had time to shoot a few of my to post...

First off I have to say, I haven't been real impressed with the NXT spray, but today I finally opened my can of NXT paste and WOW what a difference, maybe I was doing the spary wrong but the paste is just Maavoulous!!!!! ( I never liked any spary wax to begin with).

I did a quick wash with NXT car wash and then dried it, then I put on a coat of NXT paste by hand, let it dry and buffed off with some MF towels...

I'll let the pics speak for themselves...

Yeah it's hard to get good pics on a light colored paint, but I think these show off the refelctibility pretty good...
    I also took a different reflection shot of my vette using the kids truck. We bought it 2 weeks ago, and I haven't polished it yet.

Arizona Corvette Enthusiasts
    08 Atomic Orange Metallic C6 LS3 Z51 4LT
    98 Torch Red Convertible * SOLD
    82 Collector Edition * SOLD

MMM those reflections. Looking forward to someday trying NXT.
    Proud owner of the finest looking car in the parking lot.
    Switch to Linux. Use energy efficient lightbulbs and appliances. Keep your car well maintained and drive easy to save gas. Eat less fast food. Call your mother and tell her you love her. Try flying a kite. Read a wikipedia article daily. Use Meguiar's.

Comment

I can also attest to the effectiveness of "Plastix". Here's the lens on my 93 crewcab. before and after..

Comment

And using my rotary with #66 on the crewcab really brought it back to life after a few months acquiring road grime...

I have to say the #66 is great for a quick clean and polish job, but I had to place my order today for some #21 and I can't wait to put a layer on the truck.

Last set, You can't beat the look of Endurance...

Comment

You might have not been getting the results you desired with the NXT spray wax, for it is not desinged t pbe a stand alone product. It is supposed to be used in conjuction with nxt wax (liquid or paste) the spray wax is a booster wax for touch ups imbetween regular waxings.
          Rangerpowersports.com
          Ranger72

Comment

Dang, wheres the EDIT button.....

I meant the liquid. not spray.... Sorry for the confusion

I really like the look of the paste over the liquid...

Comment

How about some full shots of Vette and 150? Looks great so far!

Comment

Here's a couple of decent overall pics of my 1982 Collector Edition Corvette.

The 03 F150 we just bought for my youngest daughter, she really fell in love with the one we bought her older sister to drive to college, and hates the way Ford changed the way they look now ( like the box it came in )...
                So we were going to get her a new GMC stepside, but she never quit looking for an older body style F150. Guess what I spotted at a dealership in Phoenix a couple of weeks ago???
                It has 30,000 miles but looks like brand new, so she had her choice, this used F150 or wait till spring and get a new GMC... She hasn't stopped smiling yet...

I haven't had the time to give it the detail job it needs, but I will soon...
                Here's her sisters truck.

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');