• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meguiarized to the max

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meguiarized to the max

It's official, I've gone off the deep end, I'm gone over the rainbow, my elevator doesn't reach the top...

I'm almost embarrassed to say how many applications of NXT paste are on my car (6)....but in my defense, it was done over a 2-3 week period and I was just trying to maintain full protection......... (I didn't buy it either). To top it off (no pun intended) I put a couple of applications of Collinite IW last week.

Then this week, it topped it all off again with a layer of #16. Yes there is still paint left on the car and here's what it looks like:

Don
    12/27/2015
    "Darth Camaro"
    2013 Camaro ... triple black
    323 hp V6, 6 speed manual

You nut!

Comment

WOW! With all that wax.... does your hand slip off the door handle when you try and open the door?
      Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
      Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Nice Job! Please report back on any increased gas mileage
        As you make a living, don't forget to live.

Comment

I can appreciate a car nut but I am not a fan of layering. Your car does look very nice, but -------- Here is a car with just ONE coat of either #20 or NXT. I don't think layering would have made it any shineyer. (Is that a word?-"shineyer")

Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

Very nice indeed!

Comment

Looks really good.I wonder if waxed cars run faster 1/4 mile times?
              2007 Mustang GT/CS white 5sp. named Cali
              Show Car Detail

Comment

Originally posted by MB///HRV
                Nice Job! Please report back on any increased gas mileage
                Well, the cleaning, polishing, and waxing increases the aerodynamics of the vehicle (which increases gas mileage) but with that many coats of wax on there it increased the weight to such a degree that it balances out and he won't see a difference in mileage.

Comment

Originally posted by Superior Shine
                  I can appreciate a car nut but I am not a fan of layering. Your car does look very nice, but -------- Here is a car with just ONE coat of either #20 or NXT. I don't think layering would have made it any shineyer. (Is that a word?-"shineyer")

This begs the question...are multiple coats of wax better than one or two well applied ones? Or does a guy simply reach the point that more wax is simply more work - no better protection?

Nice yellow Chevy, btw...
                  '05 QC Big Horn Edition/Sunroof
                  5.7L Hemi
                  Debadged
                  Magnaflow
                  Tint
                  Line-X
                  Chrome Mopar 'Sport' Grille
                  Chrome OEM Hood Deflector
                  ...and a G21C in the console

Comment

Originally posted by Chain
                    This begs the question...are multiple coats of wax better than one or two well applied ones? Or does a guy simply reach the point that more wax is simply more work - no better protection?

Nice yellow Chevy, btw...
                    Check out this thread in Hot Topics about layering

Comment

Wow Don....

The fender shot looks wet and very shiney, nice job!!!

Comment

Originally posted by gb387
                        WOW! With all that wax.... does your hand slip off the door handle when you try and open the door?
                        ......... yes
                        Don
                        12/27/2015
                        "Darth Camaro"

Comment

Trust me all, I understand the point of limited returns and that in all actuality, after prep, two thin coats of NXT with a topping of IW would be more than sufficient. I also understand that most of what I applied was a waste of time/product.

BUT For me it is a form of relaxation that I can't get anywhere else. All kidding aside, I DO have a form of OCD and my outlet/relief valve is waxing the car. Besides, I like waxing the car. Period.
                          Don
                          12/27/2015
                          "Darth Camaro"

Comment

Originally posted by Don
                            BUT For me it is a form of relaxation that I can't get anywhere else. All kidding aside, I DO have a form of OCD and my outlet/relief valve is waxing the car. Besides, I like waxing the car. Period.
                            That I can understand!!! Wax on!!
                            Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

Don, your car is dripping...

Joe, yes, there is such a word. Correctly spelled: 'shiny/shinier'.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');