• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My first paid detail - Classic Mini

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first paid detail - Classic Mini

I was so excited about doing this - i woke up early lol!!

Enjoyed this detail so much as everyone was passing comment - who dislikes a classic mini!!! People love them

Car was in dire need of a major clean - car belongs to my friend who has someone coming to view it this Sunday and wanted it cleaned dino-stylee as he puts it.

Process and products used:
    *Rinse with hose
    *Shampoo with Gold Class and lambswool wash mitt
    *AG Tar remover in patches and on the roof for the UN-identifed mark...
    *Clay (used soapy water in a spray bottle for lube)
    *Wash again to clean it.
    *Hydra blade the water off and then use MF for rest of water.
    *PC with sfx 1 pad - Clear Coat Body Scrub
    *PC with sfx 2 pad - ScratchX the whole car twice
    *PC with sfx 3 pad - AG Ultra Deep Shine (had to use it up as i hate it and still do) Removed with PC and the MF
    *Waxxed with Harly Wax
    *Glass cleaned with AG car glass polish
    *Trim/tires dressed with AG Vinyl and Rubber care.

Before pics;
    Mystery stain...

Swirls on roof

Dirty Interior

After Pics;
    Swirls not gone but reduced!

Mystery mark gone with Tar Remover and Clay

Overall very happy with this car and the owner was over whelmed! He couldn't believe his eyes!

Enjoy - comments welcome

Looks very good! Every time i see an older Mini like that it reminds me of the car chase in the Bourne Identitiy.

Hopefully this owner won't drive it down any stairs. lol.

Good work.

--Stephen
    WARNING! Eye protection must be worn when looking at my car in direct sunlight. Can cause temporary blindness.

Comment

good job,

isnt that the same detailing shop lot w/ the vw polo? =)

Don't limit your customer vehicle size decisions based on the detailing space size! Just kidding.

Looks excellent! great work - P.S. I'm jealous that you get to work on cars we don't have here!

keep it up...i'm sure you'll get more work so post it um.

2001 Vortex Blue New Beetle

Comment

Originally posted by Paulvr4
        good job,

isnt that the same detailing shop lot w/ the vw polo? =)

Don't limit your customer vehicle size decisions based on the detailing space size! Just kidding.

Looks excellent! great work - P.S. I'm jealous that you get to work on cars we don't have here!

keep it up...i'm sure you'll get more work so post it um.

Thanks for the comments!!!

Yep its the same place as the VW Polo Detail (which is my car) and that is my drive outside my house.

Hope i can get more work but as the weather is getting worse i dont think i will at the moment.

Comment

Great

Exellent work. Nice car. Does it belong to Mr Bean, since it has his Teddybear hooked up on the grille.

Comment

Nice work..

What sort of graphics are those? Painted on, under the clear, sticker, etc? How did you have to work around them?
            2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Murr1525
              Nice work..

What sort of graphics are those? Painted on, under the clear, sticker, etc? How did you have to work around them?
              The graphics are just stickers applied over the clear coat. I just avoided them with the PC but where i did go over them in places there was no damage caused.

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');