• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NXT Is WOW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NXT Is WOW

I recently redid my tempo with NXT and omg it's never looked this good in a long time. I used 2 coats and the slickness is still there after 3 washes and same with the shine. It's been through scorching heat,washes,rain,mud etc.. It's crazy how nice it made the car look. Very impressed It needs a another wash and another coat soon Just waitin for my new MF's and stuff to come in

Thanks meguairs for such a great wax, sorry no pics will get some soon

I should post more often but i am stuck on autopia all day
    Tempo Power

Do I have to do this.....

NXT Tech Wax is a great wax and we're glad you like it, the last car I detailed I used the NXT Tech Wax Paste and applied two coats by machine on a 1982 Corvette with the original factory clear coat finish. I prepped the paint with M80 Speed Glaze first. Here's a shot of the car at the Route 66 Rendezvous car show last weekend...

The Tech Wax gave it a very glassy look...

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Mr Phillips whats the time frame normally or suggested between aplications of nxt tech wax, when i did my car this past weekend i used dc-1 applied by 10 inch orbital with a terry bonnet, #7 applied by terry bonnet,nxt x2 back to back applied by hand, removed with the orbital and a mf bonnet, then #26 applied and removed the same way as the nxt, here are the results...

"that car is dirty"

Comment

Originally posted by oc detailer
        Mr Phillips whats the time frame normally or suggested between applications of NXT tech wax,
        The time frame is open to your situation, for example, I applied the first coat of wax and after it swiped clear I removed it and then went in the house to eat dinner. Later on that night I applied a second coat and removed it after it swiped clear. There was around two hours time in-between coats.

Optimum time between two coats of wax is a window of time from anywhere from 0 to 12 hours, the reason being is so that the polymer can fully set-up. The idea being is that you don't want to disrupt the polymers any more than you have to until they have fully dried and cured to the finish.

In the real world most of us cannot wait until the next day to apply a second coat, this is especially true if the car in question is going to be parked outside where the finish will become contaminated with airborne particulates thus requiring the finish either be washed or wiped down before another coat of wax can be applied.

Here's an article that talks about this in the Information Station, which contains a wealth of information on a wide spectrum of topics.

NXT Tech Wax Cure Time

when i did my car this past weekend i used dc-1 applied by 10 inch orbital with a terry bonnet, #7 applied by terry bonnet,NXT x2 back to back applied by hand, removed with the orbital and a MF bonnet, then #26 applied and removed the same way as the NXT, here are the results...

Wow! That's an impressive process you followed and the results are just as impressive!

Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Got Pics

Not all was done at the time i took the pics but here is what i got for now, better pics next time. Make sure it is all done
          Tempo Power

Comment

Mmmm mmm! Looks good enough to eat.

How about some tire dressing?
            Proud owner of the finest looking car in the parking lot.
            Switch to Linux. Use energy efficient lightbulbs and appliances. Keep your car well maintained and drive easy to save gas. Eat less fast food. Call your mother and tell her you love her. Try flying a kite. Read a wikipedia article daily. Use Meguiar's.

Comment

Looks good!
              Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
              Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Tire dressing came later, there was a slight coat of armor all on them but not enough to stand out. Interior wasn't fully done yet either. When it was all done it looked awesome. Next time i do it top to bottom i will get more pics It just ***** she is gettin old and hard to keep on top of it all. Rust here and there, hard to see but there is some in certain sports,poor touch up by my grandfather and my dad,Lots of dents and dings, amd other things that come with an old car. Oh well for a 12 year old car she is holding on pretty good, espically in our canadian winters
                Tempo Power

Comment

Might I recommend Meguiar's Endurance?

Applies perfectly if you get a tire applicator pad...
                  Proud owner of the finest looking car in the parking lot.
                  Switch to Linux. Use energy efficient lightbulbs and appliances. Keep your car well maintained and drive easy to save gas. Eat less fast food. Call your mother and tell her you love her. Try flying a kite. Read a wikipedia article daily. Use Meguiar's.

Comment

Originally posted by LiquidBlack
                    Might I recommend Meguiar's Endurance?

Applies perfectly if you get a tire applicator pad...
                    This is a great product... wipe the excess off with an old towel to prevent sling... looks great for quite some time.
                    Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
                    Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Id get some endurance but megauirs wants 18 dollar a bottle for it canadian so. I like the look of armor all, perfect look for me and i use a EO tire swipe to apply it.
                      Tempo Power

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');