• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MINI Loaner Detailed!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok I handed off the keys today. I told them they might want to check the car out---they were at first like--why?? did you damage it--and then I reminded them that I cleaned it--and they all jumped from their desks and ran outside to see. Should have seen the smiles on their faces---they were all floored.

I said feel the paint---it's smooth as glass--I showed them the trim areas that were black now, the glossy tire sidewalls. Hahah after all these posts today, I actually reclayed the hood today, and added more #7 and 2 coats of NXT before I brought it in.

Then it dawned on me that I forgot to fill the tank, and told them, hang on, I'll go fill it up. Hahaha, the look on their faces were like---Noooo Maaan, You did good with our car---you don't need to replace the gas. We're cool with it. They wanted to know if I had a detail shop, and in hindsight I had a crummy answer. I mentioned about the MINI club I founded and how I'm just passionate about detailing MINI's. Guess if I were interested in more business, I would have spent more time on answering that.

So they asked for my card, and I gave them my MINI Club business card--not expecting anything. But it was fun seeing their expressions.

Richard
    Richard Lin
    ShowCarDetailing
    5548 E. La Palma Ave
    Anaheim, CA 92807
    toll free: 866 707 9292

Comment

You are seriously crazy!!!!!

Tim
      Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Hey Richard,

Get yourself a business car made up and through up a website right quick and then go back down there and give them your card and let them know you don't do production work, only special interest cars that have a lot of value to the owner.

Separate yourself from the production detailers, separate yourself from they guys they already have doing their work and when something comes up and it's important to them that it's done right the first time, they will call you.

Or not...
        Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Thanks Mike. You do have a point. I may not have been detailing for a long time, but I've had close to 100 MINIs come through my clinics over the past year, and my recent explorations with the rotary I've definitely been bitten by the detailing bug...I really wouldn't mind having some spare detailing work for pay. =)

I will get cracking! Thanks for the inspiration. For those that don't know, Mike really exposed me to the world of detailing, and taught me everything I know, and its really means a lot to me to know that he thinks I'm good enough to get out there.

Thanks everyone.

Richard

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
          Hey Richard,

Get yourself a business car made up and through up a website right quick and then go back down there and give them your card and let them know you don't do production work, only special interest cars that have a lot of value to the owner.

Separate yourself from the production detailers, separate yourself from they guys they already have doing their work and when something comes up and it's important to them that it's done right the first time, they will call you.

Or not...
          Richard Lin
          ShowCarDetailing
          5548 E. La Palma Ave
          Anaheim, CA 92807
          toll free: 866 707 9292

Comment

Well done, you crazy guy!

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');